Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Has anyone seen this in Negril?

User Info Menu

Re: Has anyone seen this in Negril?

A common occurrence in the Keys. Cost of doing business. Never heard of people cancelling vacations over it however.
    Mark
    Key Largo Bike Tours

User Info Menu

I tracked my trip report down from oct 2010....I think it was Nicole, but the clean up was pretty darn quick considering....

http://www.negril.com/discus/message...tml?1287277681
    Soon come!

User Info Menu

We were in Playa del Carmen in April. The sargassum was awful. We had about 2 of 7 days we could get in the water. Solid masses of it stretched out about 25 feet from the shore. Hotel worked like mad to bury it, but it made little difference. The next day....all back again. This was our first trip to Mexico, and while certainly nobody is to blame (well, maybe Mother Nature) we reaffirmed why we go to Negril. I wouldn't have cancelled my vacation over it. We're pretty easy going, but we were all bummed to not have much water time while we were there.

[/url]

User Info Menu

well this August the sea grass/seaweed off the Cliffs was the worst mi seen in years.....
    snorkeling thru this is not a lot of fun......some days it was fine....other days it made for poor snorkeling
    and then other days the silt in the water cut visibility down to about 5 feet.......
    dunno what was doing all this......but hopefully it will stop soon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

There in june and seen it 2 foot tall. The boys where out there early 8,9 guys digging big o holes using a lot of back breaking work

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, I think VVHT covered that in his post and photo in this thread. This is what happens when rough seas occur. But that is not what is being referred to in the article posted by the original poster. Please click on the link below for more! Come and enjoy our fabulous beach!

http://negril.com/nt/nt082215.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    well this August the sea grass/seaweed off the Cliffs was the worst mi seen in years.....
    .but hopefully it will stop soon

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Quote Originally Posted by negjam View Post
    There in june and seen it 2 foot tall.
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*interesting* feed-back der

although, '''''.... that is not what is being referred to in the article posted by the original poster....''''', with the recent up-tick in hurricanes & tropical-storms in the Atlantic, there might-be/could-be more instances (as described above) for the next few months ----- at least until the end of hurricane season

btw ~~~ WHEN IS the end of hurricane season....????...

but remember:::>>> ''''..... that is not what is being referred to in the article posted by the original poster....''''
    be hapPpy