Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best in the West

User Info Menu

Re: Best in the West

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Uh, it's not exactly a simple or cheap thing to move a structure. Especially given the construction methods used down there.
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

next-trip,
    i've got to try to remember
    to ask my Negril-barber:::>> what was *involved* when he moved his entire barber-shop, with 2 chairs, counters, sink, etc
    ............from over-by the police station
    to it's new/current location, on that likkle lane/road near the BurgerKing.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    for some reason,
    EasyRockSue [[ aka 1/2-houseSue ]]]
    comes to my-mind,
    ......ummmmmmmmmm... 'twas something-something 'bout her moving a house at one time
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    The owner is very concerned. The bar, store are in the way and the front house is very close.
    that's understand-able.

having that business
    that close to the walkway
    for all those years,
    was *probably*
    a good-way to pull-in customers

he'll figure it out

questions::>> is that ''..front house...''' a wall house..??
    is it sitting on blocks, or a cement foundation.??
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

I was there a couple of weeks ago and the owner said he would have to move back several yards but didn't say when that would take place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smith744 View Post
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

next-trip,
    i've got to try to remember
    to ask my Negril-barber:::>> what was *involved* when he moved his entire barber-shop, with 2 chairs, counters, sink, etc
    ............from over-by the police station
    to it's new/current location, on that likkle lane/road near the BurgerKing.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    for some reason,
    EasyRockSue [[ aka 1/2-houseSue ]]]
    comes to my-mind,
    ......ummmmmmmmmm... 'twas something-something 'bout her moving a house at one time
    Okay. I said "uh", not "ummm", and did that specifically as to not have a snotty tone. But okay.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Uh, ummmm.... let's keep it friendly folks.

I didnt think either original posts above were snotty, although Smith may have had ulterior motives, but I seriously doubt it knowing Smith... (grin)

On a different note, we purposely drove by the Best In The West property today, and they are the only one that built that close to the road. The sign can easily be moved, the bar will have to be relocated and the jerk stand will have to be thought out a bit to make it work with the coming and existing sidewalk. From my knowledge of the drainage ditches being be built years ago, the government owns a certain distance from the road to a property. That is why the sidewalk construction really hasnt hindered many of the businesses on the Great Morass side.

Best in the West has some issues they need to work out, but they will be able to deal with the issues. Heck, it may turn out better than ever!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The NEFARIOUS Smith744 strikes again!!!!

Best in the West was a major plus staying at Coco La Palm this past reach! Diane's son could eat two 1/2 Jerk chicken w/ rice as a snack every afternoon! That was his mid afternoon snack between Lunch and Dinner.

Everything is gonna be all right for Best in the West!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    , although Smith may have had ulterior motives, but I seriously doubt it knowing Smith... (grin)
    Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    The NEFARIOUS Smith744 strikes again!!!!
    moi...????

:-(
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

This is our favorite restaurant, and they now have pork. They will be fine...No problem

User Info Menu

thanks all for the info, also Rob for driving by to take a peak. Over the past 15 years this has really been one of our fav places to eat and same is echoed by the friends we bring along. Maybe they will relocate AND expand the seating area however it is going to take some creative efforts. What about a 2 story hut with more seating upstairs ???? Wll be back in 1 month so will check it out and report back

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Best in the West has some issues they need to work out, but they will be able to deal with the issues. Heck, it may turn out better than ever!
    You are on to something there. There is no doubt the sidewalk will increase foot traffic, which will be good for all those businesses long term. If the building can't survive a move it wasn't long for this world anyways.

We really enjoyed the new sidewalks the last two times compared to the first time we were down there. It is certainly nice to not have to worry about getting run over or jumping through mud puddles. Less hassle than the beach as well.