Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Working hard for change...we can help!

User Info Menu

Re: Working hard for change...we can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    I hate to see my beloved jet skis take the blame for problems such as drug selling, prostitution, harrassement etc. The jet ski guys were always the most polite, respectful vendors that we encountered. We love to ride the fun machines and always found a great deal along the beach in Negril. Made some good friends with the operators also. I often wonder how those guys are making a living now?? I hope they are doing ok and the jet skis will be back for our enjoyment soon!
    lol

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wha gwan View Post
    Oh I want to amend those last three words. It also includes a fruit vendor who refused to give me change after a purchase as well as the bracelet guy, who upon seeing me for the first time on a recent trip, started yelling at me from 10 feet away because I did not purchase a bracelet on my previous trip. I could go on with the examples. Is this the normal way to conduct business in Jamaica? Do I need to get on the relativism bandwagon?
    He might have said that to many as a sales tactic. Perhaps he never actually remembered you at all and was trying to guilt you into buying a bracelet.

User Info Menu

I filled out the survey no problem. I live here because I love the people, climate and weather. My first trip was Aug 1973 and have been living here the last 2 years. I have seen it all and still feel very safe living here in red ground district, Negril. But the thing is I get begged from almost every day. I can't help everyone but I help someone out every day almost. It's just being part of the community. Even though everyone knows me I still get harrast a couple times a month. It's just part of daily life in a place I love so much. Thanks for posting the survey Lisa I just hope something positive comes from this.