Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: which hotel?

User Info Menu

which hotel?

I just got an email from friends in western New York who are making their first trip to Negril in September asking for advice on where to stay. They are on a budget have their tickets already and are trying to choose between Fun Holiday and Tamboo. Both have been recommended to them by others. The latter gets better reviews on TA but I am leaning towards advising FH w/o the AI option cause of the pool and much quieter area i.e.: Las Vegas and Bourbon Beach noise heard at Tamboo. Any thoughts?

User Info Menu

Re: which hotel?

we stayed at Fun Holiday late june, it was good as long as you do not expect 5 star service, descent room, descent pool, descent food and bar for all inc.right on the best part of the beach, great staff,we will be back next late June, p.m. me for any other questions, soon come

User Info Menu

the noise from Las Vegas late at night/early morning is too much for most at Jamaica Tamboo......
    couple buddies tried staying at Jamaica Tamboo recently and one move out after one night....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Just stayed at fun holiday on a solo. Very basic. But the security is good. Quiet at night. I'd stay there again on a budg.

User Info Menu

Will be staying at Fun Holiday....3rd year in a row and we like it....but we don't eat or drink there and I think that has been the biggest complaint on TA....that and the ants BUT we've had ants everywhere we have stayed down there....we are "Motel 6" kind of people so we are easy to please....

User Info Menu

Fun Holiday....close to the action, nice beach and rooms.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the good advice. That have booked Fun Holiday and are looking fwd to their trip.

User Info Menu

Hi Jim .
    Last edited by ja david; 09-08-2015 at 11:13 PM.