Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent places to stay

User Info Menu

Decent places to stay

So this will be my 7 th trip to Jamaica and we usually stay for two weeks in Negril. So my wife wants to try somewhere else she is looking at Port Antonio. So just looking for recommendations on places to stay. our only have to have is a/c.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Decent places to stay

Budget? Will you have a car?

User Info Menu

100 dollars a night not sure on the car

User Info Menu

its nothing like negril . . . just saying . . . different travellers . . . more eco conscious . . . . everything is spread out . . . but worth the experience . . .if you have a chance, eat at the mockingbird hotel . . . best food i've had in all of jamaica, including the best eateries in negril . . .

User Info Menu

Thanks jitterbug I will write that down. We are going to negril for a week and looking for a different experience for our second week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    Thanks jitterbug I will write that down. We are going to negril for a week and looking for a different experience for our second week.
    The wife and I are making our first trip to Port Antonio in November, staying at Norse Point. Same thing here, we've been to Negril about 10 times and want to check out the other end of the island. We're flying into Kingston for the first time and can't wait to see the sights. When we get back I'll give you a brain dump.

If anybody has any recommendations that has been there before it would be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Stayed at Norse point in may. We loved it. Verona is awesome.

User Info Menu

Thanks Flip we are going to try Great Huts looks kinda chill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takinitslow View Post
    Thanks Flip we are going to try Great Huts looks kinda chill
    We checked them out in May. You'll like it. One nice thing about Boston is the fact that there's the Jerk Centre and a few places to grab a drink right outside of your hotel.

If you are comfortable with driving, I highly recommend renting a car. Nothing is close and the cabs aren't as plentiful as in negril.

The traffic isn't as crazy either. Driving from Boston to Port Antonio proper is no problem mon.

User Info Menu

What about a scooter?