Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rob/Lisa ~ Paying The Extension Fee

User Info Menu

Rob/Lisa ~ Paying The Extension Fee

Did I hear correctly that one can now pay the stay longer than three months extension fee at the Police Station in Negril once again?? Or does one still need to go pay that fee in Montego Bay? I believe I understood someone tell me the Government changed things back just after I went to Montego Bay in March.

User Info Menu

Re: Rob/Lisa ~ Paying The Extension Fee

We haven't heard of anyone being allowed to do that...only heard of someone trying recently and being sent to Montego Bay or Kingston.

There is an immigration office in the police station here in Negril...but that is only for Jamaican citizens...sometimes people get confused by that setup...

Administrator

User Info Menu

The hardest part about getting the extension of stay is actually maneuvering the one-way roads to get to the Overton Plaza, 49 Union Street in Montego Bay... (grin)
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ha...I remember you telling me that story! Advice to anyone is to just park and walk once it gets to the one-way fiasco...lol

User Info Menu

OK - thanks so much. I heard wrong. I have managed to find that office in Montego Bay a couple times now ~ of course stopping to ask 10 times along the way!