Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Huts

User Info Menu

Great Huts

Has anyone stayed here? Going to do a week end of Feb
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Great Huts

Very unique property. To be called "huts" they are beautiful. Have you chosen the unit yet?

User Info Menu

Are you doing Negril frist? Have you secured your transportation to get there?

User Info Menu

Hey Vi yes we did Bamboo Tree house. We are doing Negril first. As far as transportation to Port Antonio from negril we were planning on Nutsford express. I read your trip report it got me super excited to go. Any information or recommendations on people or places would be welcome. How far is hhutsfrom port Antonio?

User Info Menu

Love the Great Huts property...a walk down their scenic cliff wall you'll find a lovely, intimate beach area also...have fun!

User Info Menu

bnewb what are your thoughts on a day trip to Kingston from there?

User Info Menu

If I remember correctly, that's the elevated hut! Fabulous views!!! You are on the same lane as the Boston Jerk Center and right next to cozy Boston Beach. The beach has been renovated nicely with cabanas. I love that beach.

You will NOT be disappointed riding the Knutsford bus. I did it from Kingston to Portland. Then from Port Antonio to Negril. It was so comfortable I didn't realize I was traveling for over four hours. From Negril it makes 3 stops. Qickies at Montego Bay, Falmouth then 10 minutes in Ocho Rios where you can freshen up at the jerk center and change buses. The AC and wifi connection were excellent the entire ride. TV and/or music on all the buses. The bonus was power strips to keep your mobile devices charged. Friendly and safe road conscious drivers. I can’t say enough about the Knutsford service. And couldn’t beat the $30 all the way from Portland to Negril!!

User Info Menu

I've got the name and number of an excellent red plate taxi driver in Port Antonio. I don't have it with me so I'll post it tomorrow. Rode with him from the bus stand which is on the pier. I heard him make a fantastic deal with a couple who wanted to visit Reach Falls. He was picking them up early, I think 10:00 and kept them out all day until about 5!!!. Stopping at different places between the falls and Portland. I almost crashed the excursion!! Nice comfortable van with great AC.

User Info Menu

Oh, the Knutsford express office is smack in town at the marina. Only red plate taxis park there. When I arrived, there were only three drivers parked. They orderly take turns accommodating arriving passengers so no aggressive yelling for your business. A charter taxi to the Great Huts would be about $20.

Your view through Port Antonio town will most likely be a crazy busy sight, but things calm down quickly and nicely as you exit and make your way to Boston.

User Info Menu

Any thoughts on a day trip to Kingston