Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Busy season up ahead! Be prepared and be safe!

User Info Menu

Busy season up ahead! Be prepared and be safe!

Time to start planning ahead for your vacations! Please link me on my website to let me know where/when you are staying and feel free to leave any significant medical history you think I should know. I provide triage 24/7 nursing services to help triage your needs in illness or injury. I have a physician on-call and ambulance options so we can make a plan. I will see you and contact physician if need be or get you through the night until you can be seen the next day if possible. It can be scary being out of the country and be unprepared when an unexpected illness/injury happens. I do my best to be available for all calls but know it is busy season so we must plan ahead. I also do other concierge services such as elder/child sitting (for illness or so you are free for an evening out or day trip), personal shopping, pet sitting, and I can do blood pressure/blood glucose tests if you need help in a pinch day or night! I carry my bag of basic supplies and equipment for my nursing visits. The physicians are happy to have me on the ground helping cover calls and we work together to pull it together during the night in Negril. It is my passion to be there as much as possible to make visitors feel comfortable and safe during their stay, when the healthcare center and clinics are closed in the early evening! I also do work at the local clinic when needed which keeps me in touch with local Jamaicans to help after hours. I am available for appointments for basic nursing needs/assessments. I will have a location for this during the high season, thanks to a local hotel on the beach who also wishes their visitors to have services for their guests! I will use this site for private visits as they are needed. I take donations of wheelchairs and walkers if nthey come through and can be left behind also. Did you know you are allowed these if you claim they are "medically needed" for your trip, to come through without issue or fees (medical supplies/equipment) There is always someone looking for a chair or walker and cannot afford it!
    For those of you who haven't met me yet, I have been in Negril most of each year since 2012, have 2 children and a fifth grandchild on the way in Minnesota and just sold my home there. I have 30+yrs in healthcare and have worked in clinics, nursing homes and mostly in hospitals, the last one was 600+ beds and had a heliport. I have worked in dialysis, cardiac, obstectrics, triage and many more areas. My last ten yrs were in nursing administration running the hospital on the evening/night shift when all upper management was gone. I am comfortable to jump in and make decisions and make a plan with what resources we have on hand, and as we know every night in Negril our resources change, so we must do the best we can do at that moment! PLANNING is the key here! See you pon di rock!

Nurse Beth Ploof,RN
    Comforts of Home Nursing Services,LLC
    USA 651-247-2984 JA 876-464-2894
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Re: Busy season up ahead! Be prepared and be safe!

Hi Beth,

Would you know offhand what immunizations might be recommended for travel to Jamaica?

I recall getting the recommended Twinrix and an anti-malaria regiment before going to Mexico in 2006.

Thank you in advance.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

CosmicMoose I've never gotten shots to go anywhere in the Caribbean or Mexico. In fact I didn't get any shots going to South America either.

Administrator

User Info Menu

There are none needed for Jamaica....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks all.
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Great question. First I would like to say that I am not on this page all the time and I get email alerts when u link and email me through my website! So everyone please see the CONTACT ME link on my website which allows me reply promptly! I track all inquiries through this site also....Thank you
    To address your question, I haven't seen any recommended immunizations for Jamaica. With last seasons Chikungunya outbreak (mosquito born disease) I travel with mosquito netting for sleep and spray for DAYTIME and evening use, which I always have done and will continue to do. I have traveled all over Africa, Central America, Europe as well as the Caribbean and check the web for travel advisories/suggested immunization or precautions to do. You never know unless you check!

Nurse Beth