Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip to Kingston

Is there another tour operator that does the route and sights that De Music-Buzz was doing?

User Info Menu

I second what Bnewb said. Use the same common sense you would use in any new city. If you go to Devon House you MUST have the ice cream and take the tour. national Gallery also good. Lunch at Hot Pot in new Kingston is good. Not to be missed. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGuy View Post
    Is there another tour operator that does the route and sights that De Music-Buzz was doing?
    Many tour operators can offer the same route...but I don't know of any drivers able to offer the same price as De Music Buzz.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    A day trip to Kingston can be wonderfully educational...it's a side of Jamaica that most visitors never see. We've taken friends that have loved it and some that were very intimidated by a large city.

You can visit Devon House (the grounds are absolutely beautiful), Bob Marley Museum and Port Royal (have lunch at Gloria's)...this would all make for a nice trip there. Note. De Music Buzz is no longer running tours.

As far as safety...we're there almost every month for a couple of days at a time. I would say that it's like any large city...you need to stay out of areas that are not recommended...Jamaicans are also very good at stopping you from wandering around areas you shouldn't.

Have fun!
    Totally agree with the above. Kingston is not to be missed. National Gallery and Emancipation Park also good. If you go to Devon House you MUST try the ice cream and do the tour. Hot Pot restaurant in New Kingston for good Jamaican food. Scotchies in New Kingston for good jerk. Just use the same common sense that you would in any strange city.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Many tour operators can offer the same route...but I don't know of any drivers able to offer the same price as De Music Buzz.
    A reasonable price and being able to get the full day in is essential. I wonder what happened with de music buzz and where the actual bus ended up.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about the De Music Buzz ...
    @ $100.00 US ..per person ..it was a great deal -

User Info Menu

I recommend that you never take the country bus to kingston. It's a white knuckle ride you will see your life flash before your eyes. Also picture yourself in a sardine can for 4 hours. I always take knutsford bus $2400 ja about $22 U.S. if you buy your ticket one day earlier. I always felt safe there in 6 trips only 1 person begged from me. Took the country bus from Tivoli gardens sat there for 2 hours and it was like no one even noticed me.

User Info Menu

I went to Kingston in May. Grants Pen. I never felt scared at all. Caymanas Park was a nice picnic spot with a river to swim in. Went there with a dear friend I first met in Negril. We visited his family there and had a great time! Nice drive through countryside

User Info Menu

De Music Buzz was a long day trip - which is what most people would want. There, visit to the Yard, a few spots and back. The itinerary that De Music Buzz had was perfect. Hopefully someone else will step in and deliver a similar tour.