Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Montego Bay recommendations?

User Info Menu

Montego Bay recommendations?

Need to stay in MoBay for a night or 2 for a friend's wedding. Looking at about a 100 dollar a night budget. Reasonably close to secrets.

Requirements as always - Safe and secure. Clean. AC.
    Last edited by Flipadelphia26; 08-31-2015 at 07:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Re: Montego Bay recommendations?

I really like the Wexford on the Hip Strip, right across the street from Margaritaville and next door to a really good restaurant named The Pelican. The Wexford has a bar on property -- not too lively but nice and they also serve a full Jamaican breakfast which is included in your nightly rate.

I don't know if it's $100 a night but it's pretty darn close.

User Info Menu

We stayed at the Gloucestershire , right across from Doctors cave beach {didn't go there though} . We liked the Gloucestershire. Really good full breakfast included. Nice employees. Nice likkle grocery store just around the corner {up some steps} . Margaritaville is sooooooo expensive! {we don't patronize the place, but go in and "look around"} {grin} Go eat at the PORK PIT down the street towards Mobay. So, there ya go Flip, hope that helps mon'. Good luck. As everybody knows...there is NO place like Negril....

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions. We have 7 nights booked at Travellers, and we were just going to commute back and forth for the rehearsal and wedding. But I thought that would be a PITA. we got such a great rate at travellers, I thought we'd get room in Mobay also,

User Info Menu

Have stayed at El Greco hotel and would stay again, have heard really good things about The Gloucestershire, but have not stayed there yet.

User Info Menu

Try Toby's Resorts, I've stayed there many times, great reviews, the price your looking for too.
    http://www.tobyresorts.com/
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

We stayed at Toby's last year before our early flight home and will do so again this year. The people were great and the facilities very nice for the price.

User Info Menu

Can't say enough good things about The Polkerris B & B! Check out reviews and pics on Tripadvisor.com. Nothing less than 5 stars and soo reasonable. The included breakfast is amazing! Has private path down to The Hip strip. Owners treat guests like family. Security excellent

User Info Menu

Thank you, for all of the suggestions!

User Info Menu

I'll throw in the Cazwin Villas in the Westgate neighborhood. It may be up on the hill a bit, but the place is amazing from staff, and ownership to the included breakfast. I am not one for a B&B, but this is the one and only I would go back to. Stayed here on both ends of 14 days to Negril last year (late flight in, early out). Found 'em on Booking