Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Weather-first half of November

User Info Menu

Negril Weather-first half of November

Wondering what the weather would typically be like in Negril at the end of October, going into the first couple of weeks in November. Would this be a time of year that one could expect the famous blazing sunsets? Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Weather-first half of November

November is a wonderful time in Negril. It is after hurricane season and usually quite dry. I have some amazing sunset pics from that time and quite often there are meteor showers around that time also.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROBIN View Post
    November is a wonderful time in Negril. It is after hurricane season and usually quite dry. I have some amazing sunset pics from that time and quite often there are meteor showers around that time also.
    I would expect the cliffs to be a bit darker (not as much light pollution), is that the case?

Thanks,
    Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Our normal visit is February so compared to that the mood is slower, temperature warmer but not horrible hot (AC at night), much warmer water which is fantastic, great weather every day. We really enjoyed our stay. Also no jelly fish like I experienced in July.

It's almost the end of hurricane season and there can be storms but that's what trip insurance is for. Hurricane Sandy began over Jamaica on the 22nd of October. I would go again in November if I didn't have to sacrifice our Winter trip. Four stars!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    I would expect the cliffs to be a bit darker (not as much light pollution), is that the case?

Thanks,
    Moose
    Negril has virtually no "light pollution" as long as you are not standing right near or under a light. On any given night you can easily make out the Milky Way, which I never remember seeing in Columbus Ohio...

During a new moon phase, when you are away from a light source, it can be extremely hard to see, so be careful walking at night. We've seen a lot of twisted ankles over the years...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

November in Negril looks like a postcard everywhere you turn. The only downside is, depending where you're from, there's still the rest of the winter when you get home..... So, best to pair with a February or March trip as well.