Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Extremely late trip report???

User Info Menu

Extremely late trip report???

Hello everybody! I visited Jamaica a while back and used this site everyday until I left... Ended up going through some hard times and wasn't able to do my trip report (started it a few times, but got erased each time)... Anyway after each fire comes new growth yeah?? Iam back on my feet and doing better than ever.. Met an amazing woman and we are getting married next April .. So you know what that means!!! Honeymoon in jamdown!! So Iam sure many of you feel my overwhelming excitement.. I've already watched everything on YouTube and Netflix Jamaican related.. And I find myself here trying to keep myself at ease as suffer the wait! Anyway I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in my trip report that is over 2 years old... But I still remember it pretty vividly

User Info Menu

Re: Extremely late trip report???

Woohooo...congratulations on your upcoming wedding and we always love a trip report...

User Info Menu

Red face Re: Extremely late trip report???

Quote Originally Posted by 541lion View Post
    Hello everybody! I visited Jamaica a while back and used this site everyday until I left... Ended up going through some hard times and wasn't able to do my trip report (started it a few times, but got erased each time)... Anyway after each fire comes new growth yeah?? Iam back on my feet and doing better than ever.. Met an amazing woman and we are getting married next April .. So you know what that means!!! Honeymoon in jamdown!! So Iam sure many of you feel my overwhelming excitement.. I've already watched everything on YouTube and Netflix Jamaican related.. And I find myself here trying to keep myself at ease as suffer the wait! Anyway I thought I'd see if anyone was interested in my trip report that is over 2 years old... But I still remember it pretty vividly
    bring it on

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzy View Post
    bring it on
    Ya mon! Bring it on too!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Yes, please post the report without further delay.
    We anxiously await what should be an inspiring addition the trip reports thus far. :-)

User Info Menu

Well I remember when we left for the airport I was already tired so I figured I'd sleep on the plane.. After all we had 18 hours before we'd be in Jamaica ... WRONG.. I couldn't sleep at all not even during the 6 hour layover at 2 am.. Overwhelmed with excitement and really wanting a spliff I just layed there on the ground wide eyed until out of no where it was time to board.. Anyway fastforward to the good stuff.. Land the next day around 11 am and I Feel energized and ready to go... And then I step of the plane and the humidity hits... Middle of June mind you.. And there goes my energy... It's cool I just plan on taking it easy.. Get through customs and get our bags.. As we head outside we get about 5 guys asking if we need a ride.. No thanks Kingsley is picking us up... One guy says oh ok let me call him for you.. About that time a car pulls up and driver holds up a cardboard sign sharpied on it was xtabi.. We waved him off but he flipped the sign and it said Kingsley... So I say I thought Kingsley was picking us up personally... Nah mon everything good Iam his son, he sent me to take you because he has something else going on.... I say ok whatever works and we drive off.. Everything seems about right.. He said you guys wanted to drive through the mountainside right?? Yup yup we told Kingsley that... Maybe 15 minutes into the drive he's talking to his dad on the cell phone and it's starting o sound a little heated... Hands me the phone and Kingsley starts yelling at me saying that I wasn't supposed to be here for another hour and now he has another family waiting at the airport that we took there ride.. Ummmm excuse me??? I gave him all the information including the flight number!!! Whatever!! Can't kill my vibe ... So we continue on stop and get a red stripe and a lil herb to set my head straight.. Went to buy a digi cell and get dropped off at the hotel.. Roots bamboo.. We get there and I go check out the room.. Loved it.. Had the cottage on the beach.. Getting ready to pay and get the keys.. Meanwhile our driver scared my girlfriend out of staying there.. Said it wasn't safe.... Where do you suggest??? Xtabi he says.... Hmmmmmm ok whatever we had reservation there in a couple days but I wanted a couple nights on the beach as well... So we ended up just extending our stay in the ocean cottage and really enjoyed it... So back to checking in... He drives us up to xtabi and as Iam checking in he starts unloading our bags and then all of the sudden he's gone.. And he took my big timberland bag with him... So we call him and no answer then he calls back and says oh yeah sorry I'll bring it back no problem... I love to give people the Benefit of the doubt but the whole situation was strange... Whatever not gonna trip on it... Drop off our bags and roll up a big bob Marley, stop by the bar for a couple dirty bananas and head to the caves... Man is it awesome down there... After a couple drinks Iam ready to head out and explore.. Let's go check out the mini mart down the road... Spent a minute walking around the whole store checking out what they had... I settle with some ting, sour sop juice and bottle of ovenproof.. Went up to pay and they guy behind the counter kinda laughed as he handed me back money... I was confused not to mention way buzzed...I gave him about 5000 j more than I owed... I was so grateful he was honest I gave him a tip... Set a nice vibe... Went back and made a couple strong drinks and passed the heck out... As we woke up it was dinner time so we ate at 3 dives.. Good jerk chicken, but the best rum punch I've ever had... Crazy red orange color to it.. After dinner we decide to walk down the road a little because we heard some loud music coming from somewhere... Before we make it that far we see a tiny little run bar off to the right.. 3 maybe 4 people hanging out they wave us over as they azure us they're friendly.. Place was tiny.. A couple picnic tables out front and maybe 3 bar stools.. Just what I was looking for.. The place was called natral melodys bar.. I believe she does not have the shop anymore which is to bad because it was one of my best memory's on the island.. Ended up there for hours .. Meet everyone one of which happened to be aubie! So we plan on eating at his place for lunch the next day...

User Info Menu

Ah, yes.
    The ride that was not your ride, but you got in.
    This happened to me last trip.
    This gut had a nice car for some special folks.
    I got in with 2 other guys then he got the call 15 minutes into the ride.
    It happens.
    Please continue, you bring back memories.

User Info Menu

Hahah yeah I thought something wasn't right.. I will continue as soon as we get back from checking out our wedding venue

User Info Menu

And this is what took so long last time... I just typed for an hour and my phone logged me out and it was lost.. I will continue tomorrow

User Info Menu

541lion...it automatically saves as you're typing (auto-save).
    If you close accidentally or your internet times out...at the bottom of your message screen on the left hand side it says 'Restore Auto-Saved Content'...hit that button and your contents will be restored.