Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wider than ever - check this out!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Wider than ever - check this out!

Amazing what Nature can accomplish! You may not believe your eyes!

http://negril.com/nt/nt090915.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Wider than ever - check this out!

PHOTOSHOPPED!!! hahaha

That is freakin amazing though- gotta love the cycles of life and nature! From walking in water to get around the treehouse bar (or waking through it- probably good for business) to that- is just amazing.

User Info Menu

Fantastic!
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

So all this talk about the Breakwater Project being needed because of so much Beach Eroding is Political I am thinking...Nature gives and Nature takes away is what I have heard. Thoughts?
    ]img]https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;405/st/20180319/e/Negril+Reunion/dt/-1/k/1257/s-event.png[[IMG]url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Administrator

User Info Menu

The study that came up with the breakwater plan was commissioned after the record setting mid-2000's storm laced summers that did move much of the visible beach sand out to sea. This made the beach very narrow to non-existent in parts. For the stakeholders of Negril this was an important issue.

Since then, the summer Atlantic weather patterns have returned to their "usual" normal and that has allowed the beach to un-erode (accretion). As you state, Nature gives and Nature takes away.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The beach comes, the beach goes. It is the height of hubris to think that humans can control nature. Mother knows best!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

That's great news!

User Info Menu

Please, please, please, someone send me a ticket and share your vacation days!!!!! I want to go to Negril.

Keep smiling,
    TG

User Info Menu

Hi Rob !! Thanks for the picture! I remember one time when we were staying at NTH, the waves were splashing up into the beach bar! And yes, all the beach traffic had to walk through the bar. Todd

User Info Menu

Yup; had to get wet to pass by Treehouse some years ago.