Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help buy a defibrillator for Negril Emergency Service

User Info Menu

Re: Help buy a defibrillator for Negril Emergency Service

All boardies, new and old alike, I read on this forum all the time about what can I...we do to help with things in the town we love!! Heres the chance, this is something that's
    needed ... the price of a couple cocktails on the beach is all you need to donate to send this over the top....
    A place like Negril, where theres not a lot of medical equipment makes a vacation at time, '' go at your own risk''
    tHE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN..... ( I think I stole that saying from somewhere...lol...)

Big ups, Marcia !!

User Info Menu

Donation made, just hope I don't have to use the thing!!

User Info Menu

jojo P - thanks!!!

TedP - Thank you! I hear you and I agree, I hope I never need it.

You all rock - we will get to (or over) our goal quickly at this rate. Big thanks to everyone!

To remind everyone - any donations over our goal will purchase additional Pads since they are single use, and then need to be replaced. They are the pads that stick to the chest and deliver the shock to the heart. Once used, they won't work again. They cost just over $50 per set.

https://www.youcaring.com/negril-jam...service-431108

User Info Menu

awesome job Nurse Marcia! It was very easy to donate!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Drenee!

User Info Menu

nurse marcia, i'm going to assume that the first responders are well versed in the use of the defibrillator?

with the ambulance being out of commission so often, where is this equipment stored?

please forgive me for asking such questions . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    nurse marcia, i'm going to assume that the first responders are well versed in the use of the defibrillator?

with the ambulance being out of commission so often, where is this equipment stored?

please forgive me for asking such questions . . .
    It's virtually impossible to misuse a defibrillator.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    It's virtually impossible to misuse a defibrillator.
    i beg to differ . . . worked in a seniors residence,and observed "emergency trained staff" trying to use such appliance. they where reading the manual!!!

User Info Menu

Good questions Jitterbug.

In emergency situations, familiarity with the AED will be important. There will be training programs once the AED is delivered, with ongoing practice opportunities thereafter. We chose to include training pads so every first responder can practice until they are comfortable and as often as needed to remain comfortable. In addition, this model is the easiest to use, in my experience, with spoken instructions for every step, that begin as soon as it is turned on.

I am not in a position to comment on your statement regarding the availability of the ambulance. I have no first hand knowledge of that.

Having an AED on board the ambulance and the availability of the ambulance at any given time are 2 separate issues.
    Last edited by Nurse Marcia; 09-24-2015 at 05:17 PM.

User Info Menu

thank you for answering the question nurse marcia!!!