Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frontier now has direct flights from PHL

User Info Menu

Re: Frontier now has direct flights from PHL

Glad I got in on my AA deal $350 rt phl - mbj leave in 30 days. Booked end of June.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Blingitmonme View Post
    Glad I got in on my AA deal $350 rt phl - mbj leave in 30 days. Booked end of June.
    Wow nice price! I thought I had a deal at $416 r/t PHL-MBJ booked beginning of June for Middle of Nov.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

The airlines offer enticing intro offers like 50,000 miles, free checked bag, priority boarding, companion ticket, etc. However, the miles don't accumulate as quickly as others. There are sights out there that list the opportunities. I have a card with 2 miles/$ spent on anything, no blackout dates, convert to cash, travel or stuff. It really pays to pay for most of your day to day expenses on the high earning card.
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    I have a card with 2 miles/$ spent on anything, no blackout dates, convert to cash, travel or stuff.
    Capital One?

User Info Menu

Got a Frontier deal for end of October for $196! Asked them to price tickets for my March 2016 group and Frontier quoted me $1290.00! Yes that is correct! AA ticket cost is $590.00, so now $590.00 seems like one hell of a bargain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    Personally, I think so. There are some perks that easily pay for the $95 annual fee. Free checked bags on domestic flights, $100 discount on a ticket if you spend a certain amount in a year, and you get a certain amount of your spent miles back at the end of the year (not sure how much, as this is a new benefit). Plus, you get 40,000 miles just for signing up. That could be 2 tickets to MBJ, right there.

The benefits of the old US Airways MasterCard were slight better (before they switched to AA) and the annual fee was lower ($85). I miss getting the free pass to the Us Airways Club, and the $99 Companion Certificate. Although it was only good on domestic flights, the Companion Certificate would get me a $99 ticket to LAX for my wife, while I paid full price and racked up some miles for our next trip to MBJ!

Also, the AA MasterCard now has no foreign transaction fees. I almost never use a CC in Jamaica, but it's nice to have as a backup.
    and if it's a World Mastercard no cash deposit with Island only a $500 hold