Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What/ when is your " Ahhh" moment???

User Info Menu

Re: What/ when is your " Ahhh" moment???

For me its when you walk out of the airport and the air hits you. Its like ahhhhhh now that's more like it!
    Some people were born in the wrong century....I was born in the wrong country!

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    For me its when you walk out of the airport and the air hits you. Its like ahhhhhh now that's more like it!
    Like yours and others, that's mine too. It's especially refreshing when you leave the cold weather at home. We usually go AI and I'll step outside of the arrivals hall while my wife heads to the resort lounge to check us in. I just can't wait get that feeling. Nothing like it. I usually get to the resort lounge with my wife giggling, shaking her head and asking ,"Feel better now?" My only reply is the what Lisa (bnewb) described...the "permagrin".
    Johio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sher View Post
    There are many small "ahhh" moments upon arrival - the smell and feel of the air when you step out of the airport, that first "real" Red Stripe (not the junk that's brewed in the US), the arrival into Negril and walking to our room while passing so many familiar smiling faces, etc. But for me, the BEST "ahhh" moment is that first morning. When I've just set up my beach spot for the day and look out onto the gorgeous, calm blue water. Hardly anyone on the beach in those early hours when the sun just begins to brighten the sky. I can finally take a deep breath, look around me, and relax. I've taken hundreds of photos of that moment over the years, but not one can capture the feeling.
    Yeah, actually I think I want to change my answer to this. That first wake up on the cliffs from our favorite room (view that can't be beat) with a fresh up of coffee and Shamrock oj. Yessir.

User Info Menu

Since I have not yet been to Jamaica, but my 'ahhh' moment for the other islands I've visited is when I first look out of the plane window and see that beautiful blue Caribbean Sea.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    Since I have not yet been to Jamaica, but my 'ahhh' moment for the other islands I've visited is when I first look out of the plane window and see that beautiful blue Caribbean Sea.
    ~Moose
    Cosmic I cant wait to hear your thoughts about Jamaica...do you plan on doing a report after your visit?
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

That first walk out onto the beach.
    In Loving Memory of William 'Bunny Rugs' Clarke, Lead Singer of Third World:

"There's a land not so far away/Where the sun keep shinning all through the day/And this land that we all love/God gave us the wood and the water/Blessed by the moon and stars above/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Beautiful Jamaica/Everyday feels like a holiday/Sweet reggae music playing/From Negril to Morant Bay/Sweet, sweet Jamaica/Oh Jamaica/Irie, irie, irie Jamaica/Sweet Jamaica our land we love"

User Info Menu

Mine would be when you first leave Departure Hall and you feel
    The heat. I love seeing the Hustle and Bustle and jumping in the car with our driver and taking off. Just knowing vacation has just started. Then of course those first red stripes and rum punches.

User Info Menu

I think all of the above, and finding familiar faces on the beach. Wearing the grin now, lol

User Info Menu

So many different "AHHH" moments...the first happens (like many of you said) when you see the color of the water turning from dark to aqua....then the first step out of the airport - the heat, the busyness, the smells. Again, hitting Lucea with all of its activity. But my real ahh moment happens as soon as we check in to our hotel, the first thing I *MUST* do is walk to the water and put my feet in it. My husband used to want to take a few moments and unpack, get situated, but now he knows....drop the luggage, grab a drink and head straight to the water in my travel clothes...ahhhh now, I'm home.

[/url]

User Info Menu

For me when the plane lands safely in Mobay!!!