Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Nirvana - beach location?

User Info Menu

Nirvana - beach location?

Staying at Nirvana in December and I cant remember which properties border or are near it. Also, what is a link for a easy to use map showing named bars/restaurants on the beach? Any Nirvana input? Thanks boardies

User Info Menu

Re: Nirvana - beach location?

User Info Menu

facing the beach, White Sands is directly to your right and to the left is Wavs and Tony's Hut?

P.S. LOVE Nirvana, great choice
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Enjoy, best spot on the beach! Have stayed in the Owner's Villa 4 or 5 times. Make sure you pay attention to their email about what to bring, they don't provide beach towels, although they are easy to buy close by if you don't bring any. Be sure to have them get you a bag of fresh oranges, they will squeeze them for you. If you are staying in one of the units that has cook service, keep in mind if you ask them to cook dinner they will have it ready mid-afternoon before they leave for the day. We found it most convenient to have them cook breakfast. You will need to get your own supplies.

User Info Menu

Am I correct that if I would like lobster or conch prepared for me , the staff ladies will have the local fish guy bring fresh fish for us to select? Never had someone cook for us at our room-sounds like a hoot.

User Info Menu

Best bet is to get it from guys that fish off the beach in the morning or go to the fish market in the craft market. If you let the ladies know you're looking, they can also have the seafood truck stop by. We've had them cook lobster and shrimp for us. You do need to supply spices, cooking oil, etc. If you email them ahead of time they can get you recipes and lists of ingredients. If you're planning on cooking a lot it's worth a stop at Mega Mart in MoBay on the way in.

User Info Menu

White Sands, and Lazy Days on the other side. White Sands bar has daily drink specials, 2 for 1. You can also order lunches at White Sands, to go then eat them at Nirvana. Great fish sandwiches. Try Niahs patties past Lazy Days in the craft market area next door. He makes everything from scratch using only fresh ingredients. Lots of great places. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by browser59 View Post
    Staying at Nirvana in December and I cant remember which properties border or are near it. Also, what is a link for a easy to use map showing named bars/restaurants on the beach? Any Nirvana input? Thanks boardies

User Info Menu

Also right next door to White Sands is Rainbow Arch, great homemade food. Order and come back 45 minutes later to pick it up, they are pretty slow.

User Info Menu

Slow food preparation? Come on! Good food takes time! Have a couple of drinks and soon come. It's always best to order when hunger only starts to make itself known. Then, by the time you're ready to eat, food will have arrived.
    I gotta say, I love to watch first timer's reactions to slow service in the restaurants.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

One of the first things I learned about Jamaica was to not go out to eat when you're already hungry. First timers don't realize that often times no prep is done ahead of time, everything is prepared from scratch.