Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First stay in TB

User Info Menu

Cool First stay in TB

We are so excited that we finally booked our first stay in TB. We ha've been there on day trips and this last February drove out from Negril for the Morgan Heritage concert. We are so looking forward to immersing our selves in your community for this short visit of four nights. We consider this our mini holiday from our two month stay in Negril.

What are the must dos when in TB? We're not looking for anything touristy just want to get to know the community and experience the vibe. We love to walk, and hope to cover the village that way.

We are also considering taking route cabs from Negril to TB. Is that advisable? We don't want to take rides away from the locals but would love the experience. How long could that take us?

User Info Menu

Re: First stay in TB

The last time we did route taxis from TB back to Negril it was actually faster than a private driver! You know how those route taxis can fly. TB to Junction. Junction to Black River. Black River to Whitehouse. White house to Sav. Sav to negril. 2 years ago it was about $20 for 2 people. It was early on a Saturday morning.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

where are u staying? . . . feel free to walk around . . . it's soo laid back, walking is like touring . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    where are u staying? . . . feel free to walk around . . . it's soo laid back, walking is like touring . . .
    We're staying at KuDehya.

User Info Menu

dont know that place . . . i generally stay at coconut cottage . . . close to jake's . . . walking around is easy and you will enjoy.
    the only thing i don't like is the black sand.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JahLove View Post
    We're staying at KuDehya.
    It's a good spot. I've stayed there a few times (see my profile pic). Please report back on the health of Iyaras' pit bull pup, he was in pretty rough shape when we were there last (had worms). He said he was going to take him to Kingston and get medicine...

User Info Menu

I'll report back after our stay in mid February. The upper room looks awesome with that huge deck, but it was already book for the time we wanted.

User Info Menu

That is my room, it's horrible, you don't want it... j/k
    Bummer.

User Info Menu

Darn, do you book this horrible room �� at the same time every year? How long do you normally stay in TB.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JahLove View Post
    Darn, do you book this horrible room �� at the same time every year? How long do you normally stay in TB.
    Yes, and the time varies, but I think we've settled on a week there and a week in Negril. Still trying to decide whether we're going to do TB or Port Antonio this year, and Costa Rica is still a distant possibility...