Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bbq

User Info Menu

Re: Bbq

Clarifying question: you say you need to cook some of your meals, but you are asking for a propane barbecue grill... does/can the place you are staying provide a 2-burner gas cooktop? Those are very common, easy to find. If you had to buy one they are approx 4500J plus you'd have to get a tank and hose w/ fitting. In terms of 'cooking meals' that's what you need, but if you are specifically looking to grill foods outdoors, then either a wood fire or perhaps one of those coal stoves will suffice. I've seen the coal stoves for sale from a white van along the walkway between the roundabout and the police station, and bags of coal are sold all around.

I suggest checking with your landlord/property manager to see if they can provide anything or are they are okay with alternatives (wood fire, coal stove). Long-term visitors usually pay for their own cooking gas, with the owner providing the cooktop and tank already set up for you, usually with a little gas in the tank to start out.

User Info Menu

If your not grilling for many, I brought down a Picnic Time Caliente Portable BBQ Grill/Cooler Set ($29.86 on Amazon). I even found Kingsford charcoal at the HiLo. This grill comes packed in a case that doubles as a cooler when the grill is removed. It made for safe packing of small delicate items, too. Respect --Marblehead
    We're all in this together and none of us is getting out alive.

User Info Menu

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...J73MY4PJFJX9JF
    looks like dis one might work too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marblehead View Post
    If your not grilling for many, I brought down a Picnic Time Caliente Portable BBQ Grill/Cooler Set ($29.86 on Amazon). I even found Kingsford charcoal at the HiLo. This grill comes packed in a case that doubles as a cooler when the grill is removed. It made for safe packing of small delicate items, too. Respect --Marblehead
    Thanks for all the feedback. We do have a lovely kitchen where we are staying but just enjoy cooking outdoors when we can. The BBQ would give more variety that the stove top and keeps the heat outside. I like the idea of the combination Grill/cooler. Will look into that.