Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Love Pub Crawl

User Info Menu

Re: One Love Pub Crawl

im booked on this Friday 30th

User Info Menu

I booked a "reservation" for 4 last January. We boarded at Tree House, and were able to grab the remaining few seats. As we made our way down Manley Blvd., frequent stops quickly filled the bus. With literally no room to breathe, the bus continued to make stop after stop, cramming people in like sardines. I have never experienced claustrophobia like this in my life. 8 of us got off around The Drifters bar, and had our own crawl back up the seven mile. I'm sure this is a great experience if the bus isn't too crowded, but be warned a reservation means nothing, as Lenbert just picks up as many warm bodies as he can.
    Last edited by UnclePick; 10-27-2015 at 02:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePick View Post
    I booked a "reservation" for 4 last January. We boarded at Tree House, and were able to grab the remaining few seats. As we made our way down Manley Blvd., frequent stops quickly filled the bus. With literally no room to breathe, the bus continued to make stop after stop, cramming people in like sardines. I have never experienced claustrophobia like this in my life. 8 of us got off around The Drifters bar, and had our own crawl back up the seven mile. I'm sure this is a great experience if the bus isn't too crowded, but be warned a reservation means nothing, as Lenbert just picks up as many warm bodies as he can.
    I'll admit, when I read the reviews (which were all extremely positive) and heard about how packed the bus was - I was initially apprehensive. It turned out, from our perspective, the more the merrier! The proximity really forces out and awkwardness or shyness. By the time we got dropped off at our hotel we had made a ton of new friends. The vibe on that bus is AMAZING!

User Info Menu

I'm bummed I didn't get to have the experience so many people rave about, as I was really looking forward to it. I think crawling on a Friday during high season in January is the culprit. I'm sure the majority of the time demand isn't as crazy as that day. Long Live the One Love Bus Crawl!

User Info Menu

I always get a kick out of when everyone first get on the bus and most folks are polite, shy, quiet not really sure what to expect look on there face, racing to get on the bus to get a seat... By the time we reach the 2nd or 3rd bar the vibe changes and that's when the shyness, quietness goes out the left window! lol...No more racing to the bus to get a seat as folks prefer to stand and dance in the aisles, conversations, Where you from, where you staying, what you doing later. At the end of the day it's always One Love!
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IRIEchic View Post
    I always get a kick out of when everyone first get on the bus and most folks are polite, shy, quiet not really sure what to expect look on there face, racing to get on the bus to get a seat... By the time we reach the 2nd or 3rd bar the vibe changes and that's when the shyness, quietness goes out the left window! lol...No more racing to the bus to get a seat as folks prefer to stand and dance in the aisles, conversations, Where you from, where you staying, what you doing later. At the end of the day it's always One Love!
    was going to reply with this same comment. So very true.

User Info Menu

Is anyone going to do the One Love Bar Crawl - November 21-28th ? We are celebrating my husbands 40th birthday (Nov 21) in Negril !

We are hoping to do the bar crawl, anyone know what days it will take place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jomack View Post
    We are hoping to do the bar crawl, anyone know what days it will take place.
    The Love Bus currently runs on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays. As season gets busy here, Lenbert will add more days...starting around the time you arrive.

User Info Menu

Awesome thanks ! Looks like we will be able to get in 3 bar crawls this week. Are the bars just on the main strip or more authentic bars ?

User Info Menu

Some "authentic " ..some not so much ...do it once ..
    & make up your "own crawl "
    ..this way you'll be able to spend more time @ those you truly enjoy