Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KT and Deano pon di rock!

User Info Menu

Re: KT and Deano pon di rock!

PeeWee's is a great place. Our first time there we came in for breakfast, Elvis showed us around, we sat at one of the tables under the roof and talked about what to order. The empress decides she wants some french toast, eggs, bacon I think. Whatever, cool, I'm gonna probably get the same thing... A few minutes later Elvis comes back out, and quietly asked what we wanted. We order. Elvis looks at me kinda funny, says; you know thats...(holds up fingers)...four plates, FOUR PLATES (with emphasis). I'm like, yeah it's cool, a little of everything. He looked at me funny again, said okay. He came back out with so much damn food we were embarrassed. Kinda laughed it off and said yeah, now I see why you tried to warn me.

Been coming back ever since then, he's a good guy.

User Info Menu

Funny you should mention that, Moose, because that's exactly where breakfast took place this morning--a trip would not be complete without a breakfast cooked by Elvis. You really can't beat the price. Or the view. Or the ambience. Us Wisconites sure do like Pee Wee's!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  20.1 KB
    Thank goodness someone gave her sunglasses!
Views: 645
Views: 664
Size:  20.0 KB
Views: 664
Size:  20.7 KB
    Last edited by Ktans; 11-19-2015 at 11:16 PM.

User Info Menu

After Pee Wee's, we snorkled, swam, snorkled, swam and then it was off to De Bar. If you haven't been, you need to go. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Views: 651
Size:  20.8 KB
Views: 632
Size:  12.8 KB
Views: 635
Size:  16.9 KB
Views: 589
Size:  19.7 KB
Views: 638
Size:  19.7 KB

User Info Menu

Love the pics!
    Love Pee Wee's!
    Elvis rules! (tell him Big Shiny say hey)

We are actually staying on the beach first and then heading up to the cliffs the last few days to avoid the marathon chaos.

You guys should find us and.....um......uh.......I forget.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

ill be back to see Elvis tomorrow for my last breakfast on Jamaica. ;(
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Nice! I'm down to single digits and I can't think about anything else, SO... Thanks for reporting!!
    And please keep it coming.
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

i'm jealous Tizzy..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHINY n Rootsy View Post

You guys should find us and.....um......uh.......I forget.
    Message us when you arrive, BIG SHINY! Would love to meet you and Rootsy!

User Info Menu

After De Bar (my mouth waters just typing that), we went back to the resort and then headed straight for the pool....I was so relaxed....got out and actually fell asleep poolside in a lounger. Almost missed our first sun sunset where you could see the sun melt into the liquid horizon. A great end to a fantastic day.

Views: 480
Size:  11.4 KB

Thursday's agenda was snorkeling with Famous Vincent. We convinced another couple from the resort to go with. He picked us up and we headed to Rock House to see if he could get some more people. I didn't bring a camera--sometimes I feel a camera interferes with me actually experiencing the moment. I wish I had one though because we saw Bob Ross' Negril doppelgänger at Rock House. Perhaps the artist in residence?

Our trip with Famous Vincent was fantastic. I've gone out to the reefs with another vendor a few times before, but Famous Vincent is the best. He gets in the water and gives an amazing tour. We ended up picking up a friend of his and his guest on the beach before snorkeling and afterwards we went to Booby Cay. The Heavens had opened and we were baptized by the rain on Booby Cay. It's all good!

We took the boat back to it's docking spot in the Negril River since the sea had gotten a bit rough. The driver from our resort, who just happens to be Vincent's cousin, picked us up and took us back to the resort.

A quick change into dry clothes and it was off to Chicken Lavish.....yum. I had the sweet and sour chicken and Deano had the jerk chicken. I gave him a bite of mine, and I know what he'll order next time we're there. The breeze off the sea combined with the ceiling fan made for a perfectly cool setting to enjoy lunch.

Views: 483
    Last edited by Ktans; 11-22-2015 at 09:02 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report! The pics are great!