Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KT and Deano pon di rock!

User Info Menu

KT and Deano pon di rock!

Not sure how much of a report this will be, but knowing how I devour the pictures and goings on in Negril while I'm counting down the days, I'll do my best.

We arrived yesterday at 1:24 and had cold Red Stripes to our lips at the bar outside of the airport no more than 15 minutes later! Jahmazing! I felt bad for the folks that spent some of their soon to be Jamaican Dollars on the Mo Bay club. Tuesday is my new travel day!

2 sips in and I hear Steve Positive calling out to us. I love how every year we tell the waiting drivers that we have a ride and they try to convince us to go with them. This year, the line from our wannabe driver was, "Well, I'll be your Plan B." I told him that Plan A never fails.

As we headed to Negril with smiles as wide as our soon to be horizon, it started to rain.....and it rained hard! Cars were pulled over or had their flashers on, the water was up to the wheel wells on the cars, but with Steve, everything was positive.

Red Stripes ended up being dinner and we hit the hay early--I think we maybe got 2 hrs of sleep on Monday night.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  6.9 KB
    Last edited by Ktans; 11-18-2015 at 06:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: KT and Deano pon di rock!

That sounds about right for the first day!

Enjoy

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

After a great night of sleep, we woke early and marveled at how wonderful it is to have the sea be the first thing we opened our eyes to. We headed down the road thinking of the wonderful blue mountain coffee that was soon to be ours at Canoe Bar.

2 pots of coffee and breakfast in our bellies (I had Canoe eggs, Deano went with the #1), we headed over to the Cambio and Hi-Lo to get some coffee for the room, Ting for the Tito's vodka, Limes for the Gila tequila (they had none! ) and a few other items.

It was fun to see all of the school kids heading to school in their uniforms. Their modes of transportation were anything but uniform. We really don't know just how good we have it in the States. These parents and kids work hard to get to school.

We hoofed it back before the sun was too high and felt that we had worked off at least a couple of last night's Red Stripes.

Today was snorkeling, swimming, snorkeling, swimming and then watching the storms.
Views: 941
Size:  16.6 KB
    Breakfast view at Canoe

Views: 889
Size:  12.4 KB
    Storms to our east

Views: 938
Size:  9.6 KB
Views: 947
Size:  11.8 KB
    Red Stripes and Rainbows!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report, it sounds like a good time, and the pics are a bonus!

User Info Menu

Great report,thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

Nice report. I can tell exactly which room you are staying in. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting!!

Nice work!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Thanks for the report!

I think we might be staying at the same place as you.

If so, see ya in a week.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Mike_D.....we love this place! Can't beat the view!

Big Shiny--we're here until the 27th and then we head to the beach. Up until today there were only us and one other couple. Today a few more guests arrived.

User Info Menu

Staying 'pon de cliffs? Peewee's is great for breakfast too; two eggs, bacon, toast and coffee for $5j.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.