Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip report - day 6

User Info Menu

Cool Trip report - day 6

Sadly today is my last full day here. Met a bunch of wonderful people, from Negril.com and not, and had a lot of fun doing it. Oh and ate a lot of good good! A lot!

Today was Mayfield Falls, originally had it scheduled for earlier in the week but bumped it later when I found out (coincidentally) that a coworker from Getmany was coming to Negril mid-week.

The falls was a great tour, bit bumpy the last bit of roads getting there. We had Germaine as our tour guide and he was a great guide; hung on to our cameras and took our photos with them. The water was clear and cooler than the ocean, but oh so refreshing! The washing machine at the end was like a nice massage.

Back to the cliffs for me and to Riu for my colleague

Since I missed breakfast because of the early pickup; headed to go see Elvis and got a Spanish omelette and a side of bacon. Late breakfast/lunch.

Relaxed and recharged back at the castle.

Before you know it... Time for dinner. Walked down to Chicken Lavish and got their jerk chicken, fries (!) yum and steamed veggies. Would definitely go back there. Had a nice chat with the owner (I think) too.

Up tomorrow: peewee's for breakfast, hopefully some snorkeling or at least a nice soak in the sea, packing and an 11:00 pickup for the airport. ;(

Overall, for my first ever solo trip and first time in Jamaica, I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. I only wish it wouldn't get dark so fast. Hmmm, how is Negril in the Summet when the days are longer? Too hot?

Until next time... Stay Irie!

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Re: Trip report - day 6

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicMoose View Post
    the airport. ;(

Overall, for my first ever solo trip and first time in Jamaica, I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. I only wish it wouldn't get dark so fast. Hmmm, how is Negril in the Summet when the days are longer? Too hot?

Until next time... Stay Irie!

~Moose
    Moose,

The day length only varies 2 hrs from summer to winter. Shortest day is about 11 hrs. Longest about 13hrs.

Ja doesn't use DST so it's pretty much the same all year. It's a latitude thing.

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Is Teddy still cooking at the Castle?

User Info Menu

He was cooking "part time" as of 2 weeks ago.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NiceLady View Post
    Is Teddy still cooking at the Castle?
    m

Hi NiceLady.

Teddy is no longer cooking at BCC-- the restaurant is currently closed.

User Info Menu

Do you mean it was closed when you went, or that they told you it was permanently closed?

User Info Menu

I guess I will find out for sure when I get there in a few weeks. I'll report back

User Info Menu

Wasn't there the whole week. There was a posting in the BCC FB group that the owner made a change that only guests of BCC can eat there or something to that effect. Doesn't make any business sense to limit your clientele like that.

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Honestly I think it would be a good decision if they limited it to guests only.

User Info Menu

We tried to go for dinner and the security guard told us the restaurant wasn't open. We asked when it would open and would Teddy be there and he said he didn't know but that Teddy was gone.

I can't imagine having a successful restaurant if it was limited to guests only....