Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: TimmyMon's Trip Tracker Part 1

User Info Menu

TimmyMon's Trip Tracker Part 1

It's uniquely ironic how the days preceding an imminent Negril trip are soooooo long..and fly the hell by after getting back... can't believe I've been back a month..my long time friend Dwayne greeted me at MBJ with a cold Red Stripe, a big hug and an even bigger sub! I arrived as planned..early enough on a Friday to fly in..stop and see friends in green island...check in...and get to Drifters by 3! Mission successful! I checked into the Tamboo at 1:15... dwayne and I had a few beers there and walked over to see Luddy and the gang...after a couple at Yellowbird, of course,,,show was great as usual..chatted with Luddy..jan was in Scotland...after drifters stopped by to see Barbara and Thunder...I brought down a prescription for her from the states so got my ceremonious pic in the bed! Many of you have seen it! It was cool seeing thunder roast his coffee beans out back.... I had to see a cliffs sunset...so..as usual...we drove past ricks and stopped in at LTU for dinner and sunset..and beer...and subs! Funny... My first time in Negril in 95 was at the LTU villas when it was all one property.. Now it's CFS Gardens of course....stopped in to see Elvis for a few at Peewees and we had a few laughs like we always do...I'm pretty well on my way at this point...
    Dwayne dumps me back at Tamboo and after the all nighter from flying in...and the 20 something odd beers... I'm ready to call it a night...I don't have a lot planned for this trip...I've got ten nights and the only things I really want to do...outside of my usual walking the beach and cliffs ...is watch my Patriots twice...Sunday vs Cowboys and following Sunday night vs. colts...we won both btw! I also want to stop by Robs webcast at 3 dives...snorkel a bunch and go to half moon beach again...and hit drifters again....

I made it Til 11 pm...beers at Tamboo with my good friend rasta Levi...so incredibly grateful to be back...
    I awaken early on Saturday....a ritualistic wake n bake followed by my morning jump in the ocean...banana pancakes at Tamboo then time for my first beach walk...I intended to keep going and going...but I walked by the Treehouse and saw Michelle and Joni ...I met them at Drifters yesterday....Michelle had rented one of their beautiful ocean front units...this building had three I believe...I really didn't wanna start drinking this early but many of us know how that goes...

Afternoon time now and head back to home base...not without stopping to see our good friend grace at Tony's Hut Bar and Maureen at Sunnyside of course...the rain comes and comes big time...take cover at Yellowbird and run into some local guys I met a few reaches ago...when the rain subsides we head back to Tamboo and chill there for a bit...we head up to corner bar for some lunch and a couple beers...stop by La Mar where I stayed a lot back in the day and sent my regards to Harrison and Junior...Sir D Firewatwer Lovenest for sunset..prolly my favorite cliff spot..but Peewees and whoopie's right there as well...dinner at the Italian cafe...great place...I actually make it out to a Bourbon show...a local asked me to buy him a beer since it was his birthday...after wishing him a happy bday I asked...what is today's date? He got a little pissed...he couldn't come up with the date and also learned I wasn't a rookie....Anyway...I meet Rasta Culture and we party the night away...another fun night in Negril...

Sunday is coming tomorrow. I'm from boston but have lived in Dallas for the last seven years. Since it's an AFC/NFC thing, the pats and Cowboys only play each other once every eight years. It's incredibly fitting that when my hometown team finally plays the Cowboys...where I live...that l will be watching the game in Jamaica...

Wouldn't have it any other way though. Tomorrow I will skip drifters so I can be on a barstool at the seastar at 315 to watch the game

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Writing about Jamaica makes me be even more grateful about how lucky I am to have experienced Negril so many times

Catch you all soon

User Info Menu

Re: TimmyMon's Trip Tracker Part 1

Excellent start!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Re: TimmyMon's Trip Tracker Part 1

Got any videos.....hehe