Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our first non all inclusive visit

User Info Menu

Re: Our first non all inclusive visit

Thanks to our friends we haven't met yet!

User Info Menu

Here are some Idle Awhile teasers...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  19.0 KB

Views: 331
Size:  20.0 KB

Views: 390
Size:  20.3 KB

Views: 392
Size:  20.1 KB

Views: 393
Size:  20.2 KB

Views: 391
Size:  17.8 KB

User Info Menu

Everything we have heard about it is great. Can't wait!

User Info Menu

I'm sure I recognize your name gregandkelly63 from the Couples message board....we were die hard AI people, until we realized (like you)that there was so much more to see on a trip, and there's the "If we leave the resort, we are paying for meals/drinks twice" theory...really, the deciding factor mainly was price.....A valid argument can be made no matter the side you pick on whether a Couples vacation is "worth it". We have been enjoying ourselves since. Of course, you will feel quite at home at Idle Awhile, since the furnishings, chair floaties, (even use of the CSA sports complex) is the same comfortable charm. After 6 Couples trips (4 at CN) we may still go back, cause it IS great, but we don't have to feel like we are missing out if we don't.

User Info Menu

After two trips to CSA, one to a villa in Duncans and another to Couples Sans Souci we decided to go non-AI back to our favorite place, Negril, and went with Idle Awhile. Same sensibility as CSA, but oh so much smaller. No need to worry about getting a spot on the beach. Though it is a narrow property, not a wide expanse for chairs, there is enough room for the guests. And once you find your spot, they have it all set up for you in the morning. And if you want they have great umbrellas. We loved our garden suite. We mostly did drinks on our own via our room. But the bar was good. Any meals we had were tasty. We had a wonderful late night dinner at Chill Awhile one night and we were the only diners as we sat on the edge of the deck, with the moon rising. It is a fine memory. But we enjoyed getting out and about and dining at several wonderful places. Easy getting around in a cab. Dining in Negril is reasonable. We enjoyed our trip to Idle Awhile. The next year we moved one door down to Charela Inn which is a nice wide beach that we found more to our liking overall. While there seems to be a number of great hotels along Long Bay and we love walking by each and everyone of them, most just don't have the kind of beach we want hang out on day after day. Idle Awhile was one, and when we walked past CSA during that trip we never felt any remorse for not being there. I think you will be very happy with your vacation at Idle Awhile. May I suggest that you head over to Charela Inn next door for dinner one night. We did their all inclusive plan when we stayed (husband travels 33 weeks a year and likes not going to the wallet for a vacation) and we found their pre fixe dinners fabulous. On Thursday night they have entertainment and it really is a nice night. We did not attend the Friday night bon fire and dinner on the beach at Idle Awhile, but next time I would attend. Make sure to head over to the cliffs for dinner at any one of a number of great spots for a delicious meal. We dined at The Rockhouse, Ivan's, Xtabie, Pushcart. On the beach we enjoyed a lunch at Cosmos and dinner at Kuyaba. Have a great trip!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lisapat View Post
    I'm sure I recognize your name gregandkelly63 from the Couples message board....we were die hard AI people, until we realized (like you)that there was so much more to see on a trip, and there's the "If we leave the resort, we are paying for meals/drinks twice" theory...really, the deciding factor mainly was price.....A valid argument can be made no matter the side you pick on whether a Couples vacation is "worth it". We have been enjoying ourselves since. Of course, you will feel quite at home at Idle Awhile, since the furnishings, chair floaties, (even use of the CSA sports complex) is the same comfortable charm. After 6 Couples trips (4 at CN) we may still go back, cause it IS great, but we don't have to feel like we are missing out if we don't.
    A quick calculation shows that we would save $200/day over an AI. We drink and eat a lot, but not that much!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    A quick calculation shows that we would save $200/day over an AI. We drink and eat a lot, but not that much!
    Exactly. And you'll have a much more authentic experience. We used to do AI's, but since we switched I really disdain them now. Just couldn't even imagine going back.