Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sexy Rexy

User Info Menu

Re: Sexy Rexy

Sexy Rex does not own any land up that way, he squats on it from an owner that can't sell it.

User Info Menu

Rexy does not own the land, neither built the shelter he is living in it right now. So much for spreading rumors Rob.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishtown View Post
    Rexy does not own the land, neither built the shelter he is living in it right now. So much for spreading rumors Rob.
    Fishtown,

Welcome to the Board. Interesting first post. As Fun in the Sun stated in December of 2015, Rexy was squatting on the land where he operates his bar. I never said he owned any land nor did I say he built the bar. I made no mention at all of any shelter he is living in right now. And "right now" is 7 months from the date of the the thread and my post.

Here is what I posted 7 months ago in December of 2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    That seaside property in question always belonged to the Citronella property. The owners of Citronella decided to build on their unused property that Rexy had placed his seaside bar. He now operates his large bar across the road, which he always owned. He never owned that seaside land, and now that Citronella is building on it, by law they have to erect a protective wall (usually zinc sheeting) and keep the construction barrier up until the project is completed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Odd thread bump.

User Info Menu

"He now operates his large bar across the road, which he always owned"

Rob, to be clear, he does not own the large bar as you stated in your post, so rumors.

User Info Menu

Why so bitter! Who cares if he owns it!! I am a Canadian from Toronto area, I read this forum every single day, and gosh..I always enjoy reading posts of various titles, but its so bitter about Rumours!! Relax ~

User Info Menu

SMH, Delete post? Relax mon. All is well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator

User Info Menu

"He now operates his large bar across the road, which he always owned"

Rob, to be clear, he does not own the large bar as you stated in your post, so rumors.
    The large bar in question is Rexy's Bar. I have been to countless parties there over the years. If memory serves me correct, a group of firefighters got together after Ivan to pour the concrete. They essentially built the bar. It is not a rumor that Rexy has had a bar there that he operated for years. And under Jamaican squatters' rights, once concrete is poured and been there for years, the laws are different than board structures. Although those laws are changing as we speak. But if Rexy relocates, his bar business will go with him. The structure obviously cannot, but there is only one Sexy Rexy!

If anything I posted was a rumor, please enlighten me as to why your information is correct. Anyone can say anything on the internet

Administrator

User Info Menu

I have been contacted by fishtown who asked me to post to "clarify" the land owner situation. Fishtown has more in this than a mere complaint about any "rumor". The truth explains the hostility of their first post.

Fishtown claims to be the owner of the land that Fun In The Sun mentioned that they cannot sell.

Since this is obviously a legal matter, it needs to be handled in the court of law. Negril.com will not allow fishtown to use our forum to attempt to make their case in court of public opinion.

To all, if you get into land dispute problems, handle them in a legal manner. Get your documentation together including the contract both parties signed, the land payment receipts, the land title and all expenses including land taxes paid. Please do not use a tourism related website to make your case.

This thread is closed.