Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sexy Rexy

User Info Menu

Sexy Rexy

Is Sexy still around? Seem to remember Sunday night was when he would have a party, but don't see any updates in a few years online. We met him years ago.. great guy..

Awfully quiet up on the cliffs, but not sure it's worth it to taxi out to check..

User Info Menu

Re: Sexy Rexy

Awesome dude he took me into his kitchen after I told him
    That I cook for a living.. Showed me how to make browning from scratch as well as how they do their rice and peas! He loves to cook so it was an awesome experience.. Smoked a spliff and drank a couple red stripes! That was a few years ago.. But Iam sure itd be worth it for the conversation to go give it a check

User Info Menu

Rexy's bar on the cliffside was "acquired" by a wealthy person who intends to use the property privately. He has since moved his bar across the the road, which has dramatically hurt his business. He has not really advertised any events lately, but if you stop by his place he will surely serve you a Red Stripe and entertain you. Back in June, my wife and I stopped by on a hot day while walking back from the lighthouse. He gave us some cold watas and we chilled and talked to his family. He told us to come back some night and he would sing for us (I believe he sings to recorded music, al la karaoke).

I kinda felt bad for Rexy as he talked about how the courts took his property away and how it affected his business. Whoever took over the property erected a tall fence, so you can no longer see the sunset or water from across the road. He's definitely a fun guy to hang with and I think with a little promotion more people would come out and chill at his bar.

User Info Menu

That is sad!! I'll be sure to stop by and show love!

User Info Menu

I stopped by two weeks ago. He wasn't there, on a tour I think. Hung out with his wife and her daughter. I always try and stop by at least once each trip. It's always a nice chat and a great escape from the outside world.

User Info Menu

how did the courts take away "his" property? how can that happen?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    how did the courts take away "his" property? how can that happen?
    That seaside property in question always belonged to the Citronella property. The owners of Citronella decided to build on their unused property that Rexy had placed his seaside bar. He now operates his large bar across the road, which he always owned. He never owned that seaside land, and now that Citronella is building on it, by law they have to erect a protective wall (usually zinc sheeting) and keep the construction barrier up until the project is completed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

i figured something like that . . .

User Info Menu

Thanks for the details, Rob. I assumed something like that was going on. Of course, Rexy put his own twist on the story, involving lawyers and death threats. He also used a lot of colorful language for entertainment purposes.

I also didn't know that the property was owned by Citronella. Rexy just made it sound like some big shot came in and made him move his bar. It will be interesting to see what they build there, however.
    Last edited by Mike_D; 12-22-2015 at 08:07 AM.

User Info Menu

I hope the construction fence isn't replaced by a wall. That cove is one of the prettiest spots on the cliffs.