Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Use mosqito spray in all warm climates!

User Info Menu

Re: Use mosqito spray in all warm climates!

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    I'll take a quick look at my history and see if I can find it, just read it a couple days ago.

edit: it was the second result of a quick google search. http://news.sky.com/story/1631065/zi...ommon-mosquito
    Scientists in Brazil believe the devastating Zika virus may have already crossed over to the common mosquito, dramatically increasing the risk of it spreading worldwide. .....
    There are suspicions the mosquito-borne virus is linked to more than 4,000 babies with brain deformities in South America's largest country. .....
    Up until now, it was thought the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which is confined to the tropics, was solely spreading the virus. .....
    But scientists at the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation in Recife, Pernambuco State, in the northeast of the country, believe otherwise.
    They say they are as little as a month away from confirming that the virus is also being carried and transmitted by the much more common Culex mosquito. (((((Which, I guess, implies that in as little as a month they might not be able to confirm it))))))))
    The lead research scientist at the foundation, Constancia Ayres, told Sky News that IF her suspicions are confirmed, the implications are huge.
    Hardly a ringing endorsement but IF confirmed, will certainly be a very major development and difficult to control.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

I did some more reading this morning, and I can't find anything else that references the claim. I even looked up the foundation that SkyNews says is making the claim, and their own website doesn't say anything about it. So... yeah, that may have been just poor information.

User Info Menu

i *discovered*
    one of my old videos
    from my 'bout 4-5 months ago trip

had forgotten
    i'd ''..test-driven..'' that (above mentioned) bug-repellant.
    P.S. ---- the Gold Bond is super-GREAT for itch-relief
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Craig123 View Post
    I certainly respect that Booger. I will also be using repellent and maybe other stuff in a well ventilated OUTDOOR environment. But people are actually talking about and WILL use noxious chemicals directly on the skin or cloths or inhale it in an INDOOR environment to avoid this supposed danger. Gotta ask yourself some serious questions before doing that.

BTW - I live in mosquito heaven (or hell). So I know a bit about combating these pests. Anything that kills them dead on the spot, is a clue ..... a BIG clue that it's likely not good of you either.

Again, no disrespect to anyone.

One Love
    One thing to keep in mind is this mosquito bites during the day feeding on us and not at night like most......

User Info Menu

Okay. Skeeters and sand fleas love me. Bought a net for the bed to see if it helps ward off night bites. Will spray bathroom window screens near shower.

Used to get dozens of bites in each leg, last year I only received about ten bites. What worked last year: citronella spray over my sunscreen during the day. Flowing fashionable beach trousers at night. Deet spray on trousers during sunset to combat sand fleas.