Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chippewa Village Anyone?

User Info Menu

Chippewa Village Anyone?

This place looks.........interesting.

We walked by it every morning on our last stay and it seemed like they were really trying to clean it up around the outside.

I would appreciate any thoughts or experiences you've had.

Thanks!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Re: Chippewa Village Anyone?

Looked at it years ago. Before I would even consider staying there I would check it out while in Negril. Actually look at the rooms and the property, check the plumbing to make sure it works, feel the mattresses to see if comfortable, make sure the screens and things don't have holes (you are right next to the morass), and in general know what I was getting into. On top of that I would not pay a deposit or any kind of advance. Don't know about improvements but when we stopped in we were halted by a barking, growling dog until owner came out who looked mostly wasted. Rooms/buildings all looked and worked like they were built by a home handyman with scavenged parts. All was in major disrepair.

User Info Menu

Did a tour a couple year back when it was for sale. Needed lots of work! A strange collection of rooms.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

staying there in March.. hope someone can say something good about it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sonja View Post
    staying there in March.. hope someone can say something good about it.
    It is in Negril

User Info Menu

Never heard of anyone staying there?

User Info Menu

I'll be staying in the penthouse there in a couple weeks. Never stayed there before, but the airbnb reviews aren't bad - 4/5 stars. As long as it's clean and safe we'll be happy Hopefully someone's who's recently stayed there recently will respond here...

User Info Menu

agregory, i'm with you. almost booked pent house, but decided on Mountain View apt.. please let us know what you think of the place.

and Prism.. that is definitely a good way to look at it..

User Info Menu

I will be watching for any updates after your stay.

User Info Menu

Sonja, Have stayed in Negril every year for over 15 years and have only stayed in one place twice. Jah'bs cabins, Beach Club Condos, Seasplash, Treehouse, Country Country, Firefly, the list goes on all places from very inexpensive on up depending on what we can afford any given year. Each one has its own charm and we have been lucky all have been clean and safe. I loved them all because as long as I am in Jamaica when it is winter in Wisconsin I am happy. To me the people who work there are the ones that make my trip good or bad