Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chippewa Village Anyone?

User Info Menu

Re: Chippewa Village Anyone?

I'll let you know how it is. I'm not too worried. Like Prism says, we'll be in Negril so everything will be irie mon

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Prism, i have stayed in many of the places you mention for the last 26 yrs. how bad can it be? a great location, full kitchen with dining area and living room, balconies to view the sunrise over the hills, a metal roof to soothe you during tropical rains.. i am definitely looking forward to staying there.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info everyone!

I would love to hear a quick report from any who try it out in the near future.
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax

User Info Menu

Stayed there many times over the last 25 years. Always had a great time and John, the owner, can and will talk your ears off with stories of his rock band era and costume designing for famous stars. We don't think you can go wrong!

User Info Menu

just got back from 10 days at Chippewa, mountain view apt.. we loved it! it was just as advertised on airbnb. sunrise and moon rise on the back deck was wonderful. we didn't get to meet John, but Nedeen was there 24/7 for anything we needed. we looked at the larger units also because we decided it would be a good place to have a family reunion. all of them looked great.

User Info Menu

I'm there right now with my parents and sister, we are renting the 3 bedroom house through airbnb. I like the property, even though yes...it certainly could benefit from some updates, particularly the exteriors. Our unit, though rustic, is clean, comfortable, spacious, has great a/c and strong wifi. Beds made and garbage changed daily and fresh bath towels every other day. Walls are thin so you will hear your neighbours, not a big issue for us. There is a small clean pool out back. We've been eating and hanging out at Charela Inn and using their beach access, going to try and visit a couple other beach hotels while we are here too. We are absolutely in love with the dog here (Princess), who greets us with a thumping tail and flops to the ground in front of us to get belly rubs. She's so nice to have around when you are missing your own pets. Nadine who looks after the place is lovely and helpful. Also right beside Best in the West, which has come in handy.

User Info Menu

Friends stayed here last year and really liked it, especially considering the price. I walked across the street to see their place and felt like I was stepping into a different world. The Morass views are stunning and not one that many get to see, I would imagine. Just booked a trip for February with same two friends and we chose Chippewa. Great place to stay if on a budget. Looking forward to a clean and unique apartment with those stunning views. Sunrises over the morass and sunsets on the beach across the street, can't wait!!!

User Info Menu

this place is one of a kind ...................and the owner is too
    anyway ...
    this is a good spot for ......a good deal

User Info Menu

Nice to see this one resurrected just before we head back down.

I think we will definitely be needing a tour now.

Thanks everyone!
    "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."
    -- E. Gary Gygax