Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - Country Country Day 1

User Info Menu

Trip Report - Country Country Day 1

Well, just home after a lovely week at Country Country on the beautiful Negril beach.
    United did a great job changing flights proactively for us - we were scheduled to fly out of Albany 1/23 via Newark. Well, the storm closed down the east coast, so we were diverted around the storm via Chicago. Got in about 2 hours later than scheduled at 3:45pm. I'd given Kingsley a heads up and Gary was waiting once we got through customs. Very easy through customs - 20 minutes from off the plane to in the taxi. A few stops for cash and a few cases of Red Strip at a small place call Every Little Thing. $27 usd for a case. Checked to room #508 - right across from the pool and restaurant. wi-fi worked on our little private deck. We walked down to Chances for a very good pizza. I went down to the bar for a few drinks while the wife and son hung out in the room. Man, tough to type this down with snow on the lawn:( have some pictures I'll figure out how to load later.

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - Country Country Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by togany View Post
    Well, just home after a lovely week at Country Country on the beautiful Negril beach.
    United did a great job changing flights proactively for us - we were scheduled to fly out of Albany 1/23 via Newark. Well, the storm closed down the east coast, so we were diverted around the storm via Chicago. Got in about 2 hours later than scheduled at 3:45pm. I'd given Kingsley a heads up and Gary was waiting once we got through customs. Very easy through customs - 20 minutes from off the plane to in the taxi. A few stops for cash and a few cases of Red Strip at a small place call Every Little Thing. $27 usd for a case. Checked to room #508 - right across from the pool and restaurant. wi-fi worked on our little private deck. We walked down to Chances for a very good pizza. I went down to the bar for a few drinks while the wife and son hung out in the room. Man, tough to type this down with snow on the lawn have some pictures I'll figure out how to load later.
    Can't wait to hear all about Country Country.....we will be there in a few weeks and have eaten there but never stayed there. Please tell how it was staying there.

User Info Menu

where is every little thing?? montego bay?? sound like big snow storm coming our way in 2 day...cant wait to get away!! soon come!! 23 dys!!

User Info Menu

I'm curious about the new rooms/cottages if you took any pics of those. We arrive at the end of the month for what will be our 10th stay at CC.

User Info Menu

Homebrewer, I am also curious about the new rooms, we also arrive the end of the month and I believe we will be in the new building.....would love to see pics

User Info Menu

United did a great job changing flights proactively for us - we were scheduled to fly out of Albany 1/23 via Newark. Well, the storm closed down the east coast, so we were diverted around the storm via Chicago. Got in about 2 hours later than scheduled at 3:45pm. I'd given Kingsley a heads up and Gary was waiting once we got through customs. Very easy through customs - 20 minutes from off the plane to in the taxi. A few stops for cash and a few cases of Red Strip at a small place call Every Little Thing. $27 usd for a case. Checked to room #508 - right across from the pool and restaurant. wi-fi worked on our little private deck. We walked down to Chances for a very good pizza. I went down to the bar for a few drinks while the wife and son hung out in the room. Man, tough to type this down with snow on the lawn have some pictures I'll figure out how to load later.
    Was your room classified as a 'superior' or a 'premium' room? Did you like its location? Did you hear any noise from neighbours?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thomp View Post
    Was your room classified as a 'superior' or a 'premium' room? Did you like its location? Did you hear any noise from neighbours?
    it was a room closer to the beach - #508, which is a premium room. Loved the location - standalone cottage right across from the pool. So, steps from the restaurant for morning breakfast. Only the rooms right on the beach will have an ocean view, but even if you have a cottage towards the office/road you are a 1 minute walk to the loungers. My only complaint was the bed was very hard, almost uncomfortably so. As far as noise, one night we did hear music from Margaritaville, but it wasn't a nuissance. Wifi worked on our private porch also.

User Info Menu

it was a room closer to the beach - #508, which is a premium room. Loved the location - standalone cottage right across from the pool. So, steps from the restaurant for morning breakfast. Only the rooms right on the beach will have an ocean view, but even if you have a cottage towards the office/road you are a 1 minute walk to the loungers. My only complaint was the bed was very hard, almost uncomfortably so. As far as noise, one night we did hear music from Margaritaville, but it wasn't a nuissance. Wifi worked on our private porch also.
    Thanks for info. Will you be doing a report about the rest of your trip soon? Would love to read it.

User Info Menu

Plenty of days lounging by the pool and on the beach. Besides the trip on Wednesday to Mayfield Falls - again highly recommend that trip.
    I thought I'd give our culinary reviews as we all know how great a day on the beach is:
    Arrival day: Chances - pizza was very good. Crunchy and the sauce was good too. My son is a pizza connoisseur, and he liked Chances, so don't hesitate to give them a try.
    Sunday: lunch from Dean the pork guy. Wow! Got the hot, and better than I remembered. Huge chunks of delicious pork..very spicy. Dinner was at Country Country. Wife and I both had snapper. Tasty and I believe bought from the fisherman this morning. Menu at CC is limited - 5 or so choices each day. This was the only night we ate here. Service and atmosphere was very nice.
    Monday: Sun Beach. Dinner under the stars on the beach - can't beat it. Started with a small, but tasty pumpkin soup. Fish and rice - basis but good and not too expensive. Waiter came over twice after we ordered to confirm what we ordered...uh oh.....turned into a long evening....but we had no where to go
    Tuesday: Took a cab from in front of CC to 3 Dives. I'd have to say it was one of the highlights of the trip. Real nice jerk chicken and some grilled conch( the h is silent you know....). Also some live music and a little fire on the cliffs as well. I think the roundtrip cab was $24J...probably overpaid, but didn't want to hassle with a redplate.....great atmospher...thoroughly enjoyed it here.
    Wednesday: Didn't feel like working too hard, so just walked next door to Treehouse. We like it there, stayed there a few years ago and love the people. They had a jerk chicken pasta dish for $10, my son had a burger, and wifey had fish again. Some pumpkin soup as well. All was great and service was top notch.
    Thursday: Hungover...damn Jamaican rum! Walked the beach to find Bib D's Dogs.....if you're in the mood hor a hot dog in Negril, find Bid D's. A big all beef dog, grilled, topped with homemade sauerkraut. $400J, a few buck for a Red Stripe.....loved it. Rainbow Arch for dinner. Nice spot, nice people. Soup very good, fish and chicken OK.
    Friday: Uh...don't know,,,,I think we ate at the bar at Sunbeach....burger, conch fritters, soup...maybe??
    Misc: Aunties patties, jerk chicken lunch with Alan the Singing Chef.....I heard someone order pork - buy get this - she only wanted the skin and the fat!!!Ever heard of that!!Name:  Country Country Bar.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  74.4 KBName:  3 Dives Chicken.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  94.2 KBName:  3 Dives Lobster.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  99.9 KBName:  Beach Musicians.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  95.1 KBName:  Country Country Bar.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  74.4 KBName:  Country Country Path.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  104.0 KBName:  Etana poster.jpg