Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: childrens books/school supplies

User Info Menu

childrens books/school supplies

I came across a couple dozen children's books that my grandkids have outgrown and I am hoping to bring them along to donate wherever they may be needed/wanted. I would like to pick up some inexpensive school supplies to bring along also. Does anyone have any information on what might be needed or who you would give these items to?

User Info Menu

Re: childrens books/school supplies

While you can do this formally, we just give away children's and young adult books informally. Wherever you're staying, somebody working there will have kids.

User Info Menu

For ideas look up pack for a purpose. You can give through them, or simply look at the lists of most needed items.

The families will appreciate anything you donate!

User Info Menu

Elvis and Laura's place on the west end. they have some guest houses listed on air b n b. she has reading classes for the kids in the neighborhood that can't afford to get to school. They have a sign on the big almond tree across from Mirage. there is a dirt road that goes back a bit and they are there. she is on facebook too. she is hoping to start a small library to loan the kids the books

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blighty View Post
    I came across a couple dozen children's books that my grandkids have outgrown and I am hoping to bring them along to donate wherever they may be needed/wanted. I would like to pick up some inexpensive school supplies to bring along also. Does anyone have any information on what might be needed or who you would give these items to?
    Contact Gail at the Treehouse. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-N...00642489972176

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. I put out the word to the gang we're travelling with and my grandsons went through their books so we may be coming with a couple bags full!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi,
    So thoughtful of you to bring down books, they are very needed here. One more option for you is the Rotary Club of Negril. Our primary focus is on education and we always have a few schools ready to receive supplies and books. If you decide to go with Rotary, please contact Elaine Bradley, current president, at 876-829-2699. Also, you would be most welcome to visit our weekly meeting held every Thursday at Negril Escape, West End Road, at 6:30.
    Enjoy and thank you for sharing!

User Info Menu

Just a thought Clives transport service does school visit tours should be a link in transportation

User Info Menu

Hey Blighty. If you were the ones that dropped all the books off with Laura then BIG UPS to you! She was beyond happy and even more excited for the kids. Great people , Positive Vibes for sure If it wasn't you than I am sure you brought much happiness to them.