Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trip report for recent reach!!

User Info Menu

trip report for recent reach!!

DAY ONE

Here is a short tip report from my last visit jan 28th to feb 1st. ya, I know its only 4 days but is 4 days in paradise. All my flights went well, when I landed in Philly I asked if any upgrades to 1st class were available for the flight to mobay. I was in luck and booked the upgrade. Landed in Mobay around 2pm and off the plane as fast as possible. No lines at customs, which is always a nice sight. The customs officer did ask my to show proof of my hotel reservation which I had. This was the 1st time I have been asked to show proof of hotel. Less than 20 mins and I'm outside looking for my friend Steve for the ride to Negril.

Once in the car Steve asked if I wanted to stop for a beer and some lunch, but ate and drank a lot on the plane so no room for anything at this point. But that's ok, I will just get to the hotel faster. I normally stay at Pure Garden but they were full. I booked with Tamboo, this will be my 1st time staying with them. Arrived at Tamboo maybe around 4 or so. I walk up to the desk and give the women my name to check in and her system is down. She asked who I booked with, told her expedia and gave her the confirmation. The print out I gave her was not what she needed, but she said don't worry I will check with expedia once my system is back up. ok, great and off to my room. This took all of 5 min, great service!!

The room was ice cold when I open the door which was awesome cause I was a hot sweaty mess. It takes me awhile to get use to the heat. The room was extremely clean. Yes, the furniture is dated but who cares it was clean. The bed was fine as well. Also plenty of hot water, not that I needed it. Even the cold water feels luke warm to me. I Had to turn hot water off..lol

After a quick shower and a spliff off to the bar for a cold one. The bar at Tamboo was perfect and right on the water. The 1st 3 or 4 beers went down fast and sparked my appetite. I decided to eat and looked at the menu, dam no curry chicken or goat. The cook was hanging around the bar and I asked him if he could make curry chicken. He said ya mon no problem. Now that I'm on island time the food came out about 1 hour later and was very good for not being on the menu.

I go back to the room to roll up another spliff and back to the bar to enjoy it with a few more beers. At this point its around 10 and tamboo bar is getting ready to close. I liked the vibe at tamboo cause your not hustled much. After the smell of fresh blood wore off it was chill. Off to Bourbon Beach around 11 for some live music. I don't recall the name of the artist but it was a female and she was wonderful. Once again it took about 1 hour for the smell of fresh blood to wear off...lol. I must be getting old around 1 or so I head back to the hotel. I just don't have the ability to walk by a jerk barrel and not get some. The barrel right outside tamboo got me!! Got some chicken and bread off to the room to chow it. Feeling no pain at this point. Could still hear the music from Bourbon.

DAY TWO

Woke up around 8 and a little fuzzy! I know how to fix the fuzzy, roll one up and I head out to grab a beach chair in the shade. ahhh about 20 min later, I like the fuzzy. I can smell breakfast cooking and can hear the sounds from the kitchen. This makes me hungry, I order the Spanish omelet and toast. Wow did that ever hit the spot!! It was magnificent. Back to the beach chair with a red stripe and finish the other half of morning spliff. i Spend about 4 hours chillin on the beach. I'm waiting for the jerk pork guy to come by. But the patty guy came by 1st and I don't have the ability to not get some Beef patty's. I get 2, Keep in mind that 4 hours on the beach mean about 7-8 red strips. Now its nap time...lol. Need to get some rest for the Bounty Killa show tonight.

Woke up around 6 and for some reason starving and craving curry goat. Cleaned up, smoked up and headed out on my curry goat search. Walked up to the gate a tamboo and asked one of the drivers where he would go for curry goat. Of course he knows the best place. I jump in and off we go. I'm not good with remembering names but we pull up to a place about 5 min from tamboo. I get ready to get out and he says hold on let me make sure they have it tonight. He comes back and they are out!! He says no problem we will check another place. Same thing at the next place no luck. Dam, now I'm ready to give up and just find something else to eat. The driver says no mon we will find it!! We then stop at Joyces AKA Jah'bs. JACKPOT they have curry goat. Now all this searching for curry goat has made me very thirsty. I like that the food takes along time in Jamaica more red stripe time. Man in the states they want you in and out asap. Oh, back to the curry goat, it was the best!!

Back to the room for a after diner spliff and get ready for the night. I head back out to tamboo bar around 9 or so and everyone is talking about the bounty killa show. The bar at tamboo was busy. I chill until around 11 and head out to bourbon beach for the show. On my way I stop at pure garden to say hello a friend Kenroy. I also see my friend Steve. Steve and I head over to the show around midnight. What a sight on the road before a big show. The amount of jerk barrels their must have been 15-20 jerk barrels all going.

Wow the energy at bourbon beach was incredible and it was packed. Bounty killa came on maybe around 1 and the place went crazy. I'm more of a old school reggae fan. I was not really even able to understand him..lol. But it was still a great time and the vibe was great. Yes I had to walk by all the jerk barrels on my way back after the show. I stopped and ate twice on the walk back to the room. I think it was 5 am when I got back to the room.

Day Three

coming soon!!

User Info Menu

Re: trip report for recent reach!!

sounds good so far . . .

User Info Menu

More please!

User Info Menu

Day Three

Well, since I went to bed around 5 am after the Bounty Killa show I Missed breakfast. I had made lunch plans with Steve for around 1:30 and I was hung over from 2 days of parting. You can all way fix a hang over with ganja and a hair of the dog. I roll and puff away while waiting for Steve. Steve shows up right on time. I think he can tell I'm feeling rough...lol. We go to sweet spot almost right across the street from tamboo. I was happy for that, I was not up for a long ride in the car. First thing I order is a icy red stripe and steve shakes his head and laughs. I got the curry chicken and man was it dam good. Headed back to the beach at tamboo after lunch for a easy red stripe filled afternoon. Around 5 I head back to the room for a recharge. I woke up at 2:30 am and missed the night.

Day Four

Got up early around 6 am due to falling asleep the night before at 5. Roll one up a head down to the beach for a morning puff. It was so peaceful and quit on the beach at that time. I was starving cause I missed dinner last night. Ordered A omelet with callaloo around 8 ahhh it was so good. spent most of the day on the beach puffing away. Headed out to the boat bar for live music. I walked and got side tracked at drifters, when I walked by I could hear live music. Hung out there for awhile before heading to the boat bar. boat bar was great and awesome vibe. Felt like walking back to hotel and stopping for some curry something on the way back. I want to café goa and had the chicken curry. then back to tamboo for more red stripe and chilling. This is my last night so I take it easy and rest for travel in the morning.

Travel Day

Up early and off to the beach for a puff. Steve is picking me up a 11:30 for the airport. Eat breakfast then just hang out on the beach until 11:00. Hardest part of the trip, back to the room to pack and check out. Ride to the airport seam to take forever, maybe I was just spent and tired. got to the terminal 2 hours before my flight so I had time to eat lunch and self medicate for my flight. More red stripes.lol.

Tamboo Vs Pure Garden

The room are just about equal at both places.

I would have to say I like both hotels for different reasons but would stay at either. I like that pure garden cause it has a pool, but boy its nice to be right on the beach. Also at tamboo you don't have to cross the street drunk as much.

User Info Menu

Great detailed report, like I was there. Thanks.
    [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon, will inevitably come to pass.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the great report.

User Info Menu

Great report..... Sounds like you had a fun (but too short) trip!

User Info Menu

I like your style! Go hard and peace out!!

User Info Menu

Enjoyed the report...I've stayed at Tamboo several times... Saw Luciano there in February of last year and stayed again ithis past October... Great people... Glad to hear your report talking about it

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my report!!