Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First non AI trip coming up! A few questions..

User Info Menu

Re: First non AI trip coming up! A few questions..

Definitely make arrangements for airport pickup ahead of time. Just flag down a red plate taxi, negotiate a rate and you're good to go for local rides. I don't always tip if I've negotiated a rate, but will round up if I'm happy. If I'm by myself for short rides, say to get some supplies at Shamrock, I'll use a route taxi, which is a fixed price, not sure what it is this year, ? 150J. At a bar, just tip like you would at home.

User Info Menu

Just wrote Linston... gotta say, he responded fast!

User Info Menu

There ya go! Quick response, good guy to use the whole trip.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

nice pocket size flashlight
    1...maglight ..........http://www.amazon.com/Maglite-Incand...ywords=maglite
    or
    2..Larry ...............http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Lumens-Fl...rry+flashlight
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Maglite makes that same model in LED now, it's super bright and the battery lasts forever. They also have some real high intensity lights that are smaller than that, but cost a bit more. They work well for spotting things in the ocean at night if you're on the cliffs, you see some big fish at night (assuming calm water). I definitely cosign the flashlight suggestion, power goes out somewhat frequently.

A small blade, and decent first aid kit can go a long way as well.

User Info Menu

Linston is a great driver very reliable enjoy traveling with him

User Info Menu

I am jumping in here on the Linston Bandwagon! He's awesome! You can't go wrong! Safe driver, well versed in current politics, knows the flora and fauna of the area; the history - totally! And his family anecdotes will keep you smiling forever!! I would suggest you ask if you can go to Zion Hill (his farm). It's a beautiful drive in the country and the views are breathtaking! 20 mins or so from the beach? I didn't notice the time - he was so interesting and fun to be with! His number and contact are on this board Transportation section. Name:  DSCN0578.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  97.0 KB

I hope that photo attached. YAY, Linston! I love him.

Oh - if you go in the next few weeks - THOSE PUPPIES ARE MINE! MINE! DO YOU HEAR ME????

User Info Menu

OMG! The photo attached OK! I'm so happy! These things never work for me. Rob will be so proud!

User Info Menu

Thanks all. We can't wait!!!

User Info Menu

Hi guys, is there a place within walking distance from Nirvana where we could grab beverages for the room? Red stripes, rum, etc?