Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: the times they are a changin' ?

User Info Menu

the times they are a changin' ?

i have read on the board just in the last couple weeks, a Jamaican driver being ticketed for no seat belt another for going 5 miles over the limit and someone being stopped for no helmet on a motorcycle. sounds like it no longer is the wild west.i myself have been stopped and ticketed for no helmet while the Jamaicans went whizzing by without one . have also been searched twice walking down from red ground with locals. once they found nothing. the other cost me a couple hours of negotiation as well as cash. any thoughts? it appears the cops are getting tougher. also any changes over the last year in regards to the ganja laws thanks

User Info Menu

Re: the times they are a changin' ?

The days of the "wild west" are gone

And I for one am happy about it......

Cap
    Last edited by captaind & Linston; 02-10-2016 at 06:47 PM.

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

I got pulled over once for no helmet, but they let us go with a warning to wear the damn thing (we couldn't, the straps were broken on what was provided).

User Info Menu

Was there last weekend didn't experience any of above as I watched a motorcycle wreck on youtube that just totally made my mind up to just foot it. Reminds me have to do trip report.

User Info Menu

definitely there is a stronger appearance/presence of Red Stripes in and around Negril.....
    by law dem helmets are required as well as seat belts by drivers......
    seeing a lot more helmets being worn these days......especially by tourist

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loveanother View Post
    Was there last weekend didn't experience any of above as I watched a motorcycle wreck on youtube that just totally made my mind up to just foot it. Reminds me have to do trip report.
    I am leaning this way as well. I think this last trip was my final scooter rental. We saw a car wreck into the wall at Rockhouse and hit the pole just as we met on the turn. He could have hit us just as easily, it was flying. We saw another reck down by Sunset at the Palms. I like having my own mobility, but may not be worth the risk anymore. As said the Wild West needs to end in some ways.