Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long-timers I need advice.

User Info Menu

Re: Long-timers I need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    But how does that help with departure time?
    Security fast track.

User Info Menu

lol....same for us...hour and half, never an issue...been a couple times one hour before flight...
    We always cut it pretty close. We get to the airport 1-1/2 hours before flight departure, we haven't actually missed one yet though it's been very close a couple times. 2 hours is pretty safe.
    2009 trip http://www.negril.com/cgi-bin/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=196641&page=272185

2010 halloween---no TR

trip 2012
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/5589-Trip-report-sept-1-14-including-pelicanbar-catcha-legends-samsara-pubcrawl-etc

trip 2013
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/8323-gettin-my-groove-on-quot-TRIP-report-quot-boardie-bash-style-april21-may11-2013

.trip 2014
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.php/11962-Trip-report-Boardie-Bash-2014-best-trip-yet

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Security fast track.
    I didn't even consider that...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by groove16 View Post
    lol....same for us...hour and half, never an issue...been a couple times one hour before flight...
    Haha, yeah we've had a few of those "one hour" before departure days. One time we got there with exactly one minute to spare for check in. I was cripplingly high after making a serious effort to consume our remaining subs en route. Thought the lady at the counter was about to tell us no, but we made it. Barely.

User Info Menu

I didn't even consider that...

The one time I did use Club Mobay departure service it took us longer to get thru security than the folks who did not purchase it. The line was incredibly long and not staffed correctly.

I also allow 1 1/2 hours max before departure. I fly first class though, so the longest wait is not at the ticket counters but at security. I have never come close to missing a flight.

User Info Menu

Had the fastest departure ever on the 3rd, now that they have many kiosks for check-in, as the passenger is doing half the work. Much shorter time getting through the line for the agent to check bags and documents.

User Info Menu

How do the kiosks work? I have seen but never used.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    How do the kiosks work? I have seen but never used.
    I can't use them as a I have a Junior at the end of my name. Clerk told me they don't work with Jr.'s Sr.'s and III, IV, etc.

User Info Menu

!. step up to the machine
    2. using the touch screen answer the same questions as on the paper declaration
    3. insert your passport into the scanner
    4. machine spits out receipt
    5. stand in short line (?) and hand the receipt to the nice lady at the desk

Go get your baggage

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RonMon View Post
    I can't use them as a I have a Junior at the end of my name. Clerk told me they don't work with Jr.'s Sr.'s and III, IV, etc.
    Weird you say that. I had the same experience when they first came out, but last December I got through fine. I have the same name situation.