Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long-timers I need advice.

User Info Menu

Long-timers I need advice.

I have been many times, normally charters flights and the big bus, for transfer.
    This year we are flying commercial, private transfer to and from from MBJ to Negril.
    I'm all good with arrival, it's the lines for United at check-in on the return.
    Got to the airport to way to early last year and watched the commercial airline
    check-in lines back-up bad. (and immigration was packed as well) so...
    How much time do you give your-self to make your flight? (I'm thinking 3hrs?)(+ 1.5 Negril to mbj)??
    Sure cuts down on the beach time, that last morning.
    Departing flight 2:30pm on a Sunday
    Help me wise ones

This my only stress, you know, got to get back to work.
    Yes, I am nuts.

User Info Menu

Re: Long-timers I need advice.

We recommend that you be at the airport 2 hrs before flight

Cap

linston@redplate-negril.com

User Info Menu

3 hours plus drive time, is usually what we do, that gives us time to turn in the car check our bags at 2 different areas (oversized) go thru security, imigration, have something to eat, and check out the stores. Better safe than sorry.

User Info Menu

Club Mobay can help speed you through security lines, though airline checkin lines can be slow. Hanging out in the lounge having snack and drinks extends the vacation a bit.

User Info Menu

2hrs before flight and never an issue in 10 or 12 trips.

User Info Menu

Club Mo Bay is great for Departure. I believe it's $30 per person. They have showers if you have a later flight. Very relaxing lounge with airline monitors. Free bar service just leave tip. Not a bad selection of food . You will easily spend more eating and drinking in the airport.

User Info Menu

3 hrs plus the ride in.

User Info Menu

LOVE Club Mobay just for that reason....well worth the $$ and makes going back to reality a little less stressful for us.

User Info Menu

We always cut it pretty close. We get to the airport 1-1/2 hours before flight departure, we haven't actually missed one yet though it's been very close a couple times. 2 hours is pretty safe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jan24 View Post
    LOVE Club Mobay just for that reason....well worth the $$ and makes going back to reality a little less stressful for us.
    But how does that help with departure time?