Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found a lost Gopro

User Info Menu

Big Up to Jes Roy "good deeds don't go unrewarded"

During a visit in Feb Jes Roy saw me using my GOPro on the beach and produced on he'd found in the surf.
    The Cam was damaged beyond repair, but had a SD card inside. I explained the real value here would be to
    try and find the owner, "good deeds don't go unrewarded" he agreed and gave me the cam to try and locate
    the owner and return their vacation pics. With this boards help that was be accomplished! A couple from
    Canada was identified and re-united with vacation memories from 2015. Thanks to all that participated.

I encourage all who read this to take the time to find Jes Roy's shop and reward his trust and honesty.
    He's a honest humble man that would love for you to take home some of his carvings, hats or bracelets.

Good things come to those who do good deeds, his shop is in the row of shops along the old T-water property
    Pic's below to guide you. Just ask anyone in that row for Jes Roy and they will gladly point the way.

Much Respect Jes Roy!

Name:  jes.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  51.1 KB

Name:  GOPR1898 (Small).JPG
Views: 603
Size:  70.0 KB

Name:  GOPR1898 (Small).JPG
Views: 603
Size:  70.0 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Big Up to Jes Roy "good deeds don't go unrewarded"

Glad all went well! Thanks to you Gwizman! I'm so glad the owners was found and there sd card was returned. I encourage everyone here on Negril.com, as stated stop by give Jes Roy a fist bump and a pat on da back for doing his good deed! Stop shop at Jes Roy's shop!! Much Respect!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Re: Found a lost Gopro

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizman View Post
    All... great end to the story.. Made contact with the owner. The real Hero here is Jes Roy Whyte.. a local wood carver who trusted me that the real value in him finding the camera, was not the value of the cam, but re-uniting the owner with vacation memories that can't be replace.

I encourage all that read this to take the time and track Jes Joy down at his shop down by the Old T-water Hotel Propery and shake his hand and slip him a buck or even a Red Stripe to let him know his honesty did not go unrewarded.

Much Respect!
    Attachment 44958
    Has anyone stopped by and gave Jes Roy a fist bump? Just curious about this story. Next reach, we plan on stopping by his shop. Respect Jes Roy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Definitely GP....was just there 2 days ago

User Info Menu

* sigh *

AIN'T this a great message-board..??..
    ...nice boardie family
    .....working with nice Ja-guy, Roy
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

On a POSITIVE note, Has anyone checked out Jes Roy and his shop lately? Much Respect to him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Will be sure to let him know the board appreciates him on our next reach. I encourage others to do the same. Carver / jes Roy has always looked out for us and others. He is quite the animal lover too. Big up Carver!

User Info Menu

Re: Big Up to Jes Roy "good deeds don't go unrewarded"

Much RESPECT Jes Roy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Sweet!
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool