Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for places to stay in Treasure Beach?

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations for places to stay in Treasure Beach?

Spiff, I checked out Treasure Tours page, and it would be great if we had more than just the 2 of us going... but a bit pricey for 2. TAH, I've sent an email to Kudehya about availability. That upstairs unit with the verandah looks great. John... thanks, I'm checking out Sunset Resort. I also am looking at Calabash House- they have a couple of cabins I believe as well as the main house. One of those cabins on the beach sounds intriguing. Thanks for all the suggestions... much appreciated!

User Info Menu

Yeah, that's the Dehya room, and it's where we usually stay in TB. It's in a great spot, very peaceful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    There definitely are a lot of choices. I normally deal with Treasure Tours to find my spot, but we rent Villas, and have about eight people in our group. Still may be worth an email. They are a wealth of knowledge.

Sunset Resort does have a great location, being right between Calabash and Frenchman's bays. It looks nice, and I will probably check it out properly next trip in December. We *may* have an extra couple coming for part of the trip in December. Since we don't have an extra bedroom for them in Doubloon, they are going to get a room at Sunset, as it is really close by.

JohnG, do you know if Sunset Resort has a satellite TV in their bar? I would love to watch some NFL there in December if they do!
    I'm not JohnG, but I can assure you the Sunset Resort does have satellite TV in their bar, especially for the NFL. They are renown for their Super Bowl parties. They are also in the process of redecorating their rooms and have just redone the pool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Yeah, that's the Dehya room, and it's where we usually stay in TB. It's in a great spot, very peaceful.
    We stayed at Kudeyha for 4 days this February and it was such an awesome experience. The vibe there is so incredible but so hard to describe. You have to feel it to know it. We're planning another trip there next February and can't wait to get back.

User Info Menu

Agreed, but shhhh....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Agreed, but shhhh....
    Hahahahaha.....that was the running joke wheN we were there this past February. How do we go home and just be like, "yeah, Treasure Beach was okay". Oh really, just okay? But now you are going back there next year and not going to Negril at all?? So it was just okay? "Yup".
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon, to each their own. Many current travelers to Negril might not like the scene in TB. You have had the education of seeing the good, bad, and ugly of what happens to a small town that gets built up and loses it's original charm like you have seen but many people like the go-go-go while on vacation. I know that you like to chill out on a beach but there are a lot more beautiful places in JA to experience too. If you haven't seen the east end of the island you are missing a lot of beauty. Port Antonio, Ochie, Runnaway Bay, Portland Parish, The Blue Mountains, even Kingston, despite it's reputation, is a great city.

Glad you love TB and hope all your trips to JA are happy ones.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    hey_mon, to each their own. Many current travelers to Negril might not like the scene in TB. You have had the education of seeing the good, bad, and ugly of what happens to a small town that gets built up and loses it's original charm like you have seen but many people like the go-go-go while on vacation. I know that you like to chill out on a beach but there are a lot more beautiful places in JA to experience too. If you haven't seen the east end of the island you are missing a lot of beauty. Port Antonio, Ochie, Runnaway Bay, Portland Parish, The Blue Mountains, even Kingston, despite it's reputation, is a great city.

Glad you love TB and hope all your trips to JA are happy ones.
    Don't get me wrong. We loved Treasure Beach and its quiet beauty. Reminded me of the Jamaica we first came to many years ago. The plan is to see a little more every year, God willing.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

hey_mon,

Very glad you love TB and hope that you get many opportunities to visit the rest of the island, like you said God willing!! JA and its people are awesome and of course everything in time changes especially when it comes to development. Even TB has changed alot over the past years but the development there has been managed in a different way and it does in many ways retain the charm. Negril is still a beautiful place and I dream of it often. Wish I were there now but......

Wishing you all the best on your trips to JA and Feb 2017 soon come.

User Info Menu

If you have a larger group or feel like splurging, the Buccaneer is an awesome property. http://treasurebeach.com/
    Outdoor shower, huge rooftop with shade, nice little pool. Suzie cooked breakfast and some dinners for us while we were there or you can go it alone. Great driver too that will take you around. Very quiet beach a short walk down the hill.

The best part is you can see the fishermen returning from their day - walk down there and grab the freshest fish and lobsters - bring them up and fill your belly!

Tough drive from Negril but really beautiful. TimAir also flies to Treasure Beach if you really want to splurge.