Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We did it! Trip Report

User Info Menu

Re: We did it! Trip Report

We spent awhile longer back at the beach and then decided to go back to hotel to see if Birthday boy wanted to have a late lunch with us. We went down to the hotel’s restaurant but nothing was happening - seems they were having a “party” that evening with DJ and discounted drinks. Imagine - a built in party for hubbie’s birthday. We decided to head back to Woody’s for burgers - late lunch early dinner.

As we were finishing up eating - Mrs. Woody’s husband arrived (Charles)- back from a funeral (his barber). Mrs. Woody was so pleased he got back in time to sing Happy Birthday to my Charles - it was a very original solo rendition - sung with heart and soul - and we felt blessed to have witnessed such an impromptu event. Wish I had taped it, but we were so enthralled with this surprise it was over and he was gone before we could arrange an encore!

We then decided to go back to the hotel and have a little rest and shower before the “Party”. I had arranged in the morning with staff to have a little birthday cake made so that we could celebrate hubbie’s day with our own Birthday song. Not too long we heard the music coming from the bar/restaurant and decided to head on down. Much to our surprise it turned out to be a private party - only our group and the staff. This was a Sunday night - not many guests at the hotel. We had a couple of dances or at least “M” of M&G did J and then our B-Day cake arrived and we sang happy B-Day - a couple of drinks and then off we went to pack up and get ready for bed.

Name:  IMG_1432 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 588
Size:  89.8 KB

User Info Menu

Got a picture of the Jamaican Palace and Trident Hotels - now these are High End locations! Must be where the rich and famous go to hide out.

Name:  20160201_092349 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 560
Size:  85.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1428 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 561
Size:  87.0 KB

User Info Menu

Next morning - we had our yummy breakfast and hit the road to see if we could find Folly’s ruins before heading back to Negril. Of course there are no signs to find the place and being Monday morning it was hopping in downtown Port Antonio. We hit up the Cambio to exchange Cdn to Ja and then went to the Marina. There Johnmaica ran into a fellow by the name of Sweet John who agreed to hop in the bus and guide us up to the ruins. (If you need a guide while there his number is 825-4169) but I don’t believe he has a car.

Folly’s ruins - is just that - the place is somewhat dangerous so be careful if you venture up there. Very slippery and falling apart. Story goes - the cement was mixed with sea water instead of fresh - hence the Folly of it all. A nice spot that the goats visit , there was evidence they left behind

Name:  20160201_101018 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 465
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  20160201_101502 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 560
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  20160201_101755 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 555
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  20160201_101839 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 535
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  20160201_101904 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 537
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  20160201_101913 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 536
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  20160201_102347 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 498
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  20160201_102425 (768x1024).jpg
Views: 528
Size:  92.7 KB

User Info Menu

So we hit most of the spots we had set out to do and headed back to Negril. We stopped at the Jerk Center in Ochi for lunch and passed a couple of cruise ships that were in dock. Then on through Montego Bay and we were on the home stretch to enjoy the balance of our vacation at the place we love best - Seastar and 7 mile beach.

As “M” of M&G like to say -
    “Here’s to the nights we’ll never remember with the friends we’ll never forget”

User Info Menu

i'm guessing you didn't stop at the rasta's food stand . . . some of the best food around . . .
    Last edited by JitterBug; 03-03-2016 at 07:54 PM.

User Info Menu

Only observation is you didnt stop at boston bay. It's a cool beach and usually surfers out every day.

Thanks for sharing your report!

User Info Menu

great report really enjoyed the photos, much needed, thank you!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pictures of the mansion. Folly Point is another one of my favorite chill spots. I find the history of the occupants more fascinating that the cement & seawater stories. I usually hang out and have lunch in that area each trip but didn’t get up there at all last year. These are pictures from about 18 months ago. Anyway, compared to your photos, the deterioration makes it look more unsightly/creepy than mysterious. I’m going back up there during this next visit as it appears it’s just a matter of time before the natural forces finally bring it down, but not inside...once was enough for me...lol you were brave.

User Info Menu

It looks perfectly safe...

User Info Menu

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"