Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy spices?

User Info Menu

Cool Buy spices?

Hello Everyone, needing some advice,
    last trip i got Spices at HiLo, And when got back home
    I had wished i had bought more! This Trip i'm stocking Up,
    I'll Still Hit Up HiLo, But What's Some Other Places I Could Find Spices?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Buy spices?

Value-Master has a good selection...
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Quality Traders aka the Green Store has a good selection of spices. If you like the popular brand Easispice, they carry the larger packages which I don't think HiLo and Value Master offer...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Some of the smaller stores around town carry a decent selection also.

User Info Menu

Last May, Value-Master was selling the larger sizes of jerk seasoning ~ hopefully, they'll have 'em again
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Buy spices?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Last May, Value-Master was selling the larger sizes of jerk seasoning ~ hopefully, they'll have 'em again
    This will Be Our 2nd Trip, Did not Hear About Value-Master First Trip?
    So I Will Get a Red Plate to get Us There & ....The Green Store?
    Spices Are The ONE The Thing You Can Bring BACK, That Will Give You A
    Reminder Of Dat Good Ol Jamaica All Year Around...
    Am I Wrong?... Maybe It's Just Me But I Love The Spices You Find
    In The Land Of Water & Wood!
    If There More Places, Plz Tell!
    What ABout The Mega Mart In MoBay?

User Info Menu

We always head over to the Sav market and stop by the EasySpice store across the street. We normally bring back 4 or 5 pounds of jerk and a couple of pounds of pork, along with a pound of chicken, a pound of fish and this time a pound of oxtail. The store was out of the 1 pound bags of pork, so we brought back 40 smaller bags. Our kids and friends always love us for this. I don't think the store is open on Saturday.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN6361.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  DSCN6362.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  DSCN6365.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  96.4 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Quality Traders aka the Green Store has a good selection of spices. If you like the popular brand Easispice, they carry the larger packages which I don't think HiLo and Value Master offer...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Some of the smaller stores around town carry a decent selection also.
    This year was the first year we went to Quality Traders and we found our Picka Peppa gingery mango sauce there(our son absolutely loves this sauce!), no one else carried it this year. They had a great selection of spices(larger qualities available) and prices were great.
    ]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
    This year was the first year we went to Quality Traders and we found our Picka Peppa gingery mango sauce there(our son absolutely loves this sauce!), no one else carried it this year. They had a great selection of spices(larger qualities available) and prices were great.
    Where is the Green Store? I had a hard time finding much in town. Found my large quantity spices at a convenience store on the way up the Westend but these sound much better, especially in Sav

User Info Menu

mi always buying spices.......mostly Easispice's......and in the big packages.....
    don't know too many stores that don't carry spices....it's just the large packs that are hard to find
    but Quality Traders has the best display section of Spices in Negril....and about the best prices
    the only problem mi have is bringing dem back to the states when mi declare dem........
    u gotta put down dat dem granulated spices on the immigration form........
    and usually dem ask about dem or xray your bag......and once going thru TSA in the states.....
    they did a swab test on the sealed packages of Easispice to make sure dem okay......lol

the other thingy mi bring back is da Caribbean Dream Sorrel and Ginger tea......
    not found in any of da stores around mi here in Florida....use to find it but not anymore....ugh
    the tea is actually red in color and find most other teas they skimp on the Sorrel and thus no redness or taste......
    most Jamaicans don't like it.....but mi love it.....suppose to be good for those with high blood pressure

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by limeex2 View Post
    Where is the Green Store? I had a hard time finding much in town. Found my large quantity spices at a convenience store on the way up the Westend but these sound much better, especially in Sav
    It is just before Sunshine Plaza (where HiLo is.) It has a partial wall in front with a big gate. Left side of the street. Painted green. It is actually called Quality Traders.