Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Couples Negril noise level

User Info Menu

Couples Negril noise level

My wife and I are planning a trip to Couples Negril in October and was wondering if anyone had any update on the construction at the Royalton next door. We have plenty of time to make changes if all we are going to see or feel in construction.

User Info Menu

Re: Couples Negril noise level

We were there a few weeks ago. The construction was ongoing and there was some noise. The noise was sporadic and even though we spent our days almost right at the border between CN and Royalton it honestly didn't hinder our stay at all. Noticeable but not a deal breaker issue by any means at the time we were there. The construction is sort of progressing away from CN. By that I mean the closest parts to CN are under roof and the bulk of the work seems to be progressing in the other direction out toward the point. I expect the value of the units at Point Village that USED to have a view of Bloody Bay are going to go down some. Huge impact on those units! The Royalton will be their only view and it looks like it will be very close!
    I would think that even by the time you are there in the fall it won't be a huge issue with the noise. The real issue is when they start trying to put 10 pounds of poop and that 5 pound bag... the footprint of old GLN is just very small for the size of the resort they are building. The beachfront is even smaller. When all those rooms are full the foot traffic in front of CN is going to go way up. Not sure when they open, but the real impact of Royalton will be felt at CN then.
    Respect and good travels...
    Roy

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback. We usually stay at Idle but my bride, of 42 years, wanted to try something a bit different. Sounds like we need to get Couples marked off of our bucket list this year because I am sure we will not be there after the masses arrive!

Irie

User Info Menu

Gonna change the whole feel of CN....I remember when Couples was thinking of grabbing that property for themselves....sure wish they did!!

User Info Menu

Agreed, same here lisapat! Especially since their decision to open Couples Barbados instead was so short-lived.
    I was told at the Repeater Dinner one night at the time that the decision to pass on their opportunity to buy GLN was mainly because of the condition of the infrastructure. They also felt it might require an entire 'tear down and rebuild' and I guess it just seemed to like more than they were willing or able to spend at that time.
    It's gonna suck me thinks! I am torn every time one of these places opens... I am glad for the many jobs created, but I just have no interest in those larger resorts and fear for the impact they will have on the water, sewage, etc...

User Info Menu

With as many rooms they will have, and NO BEACHFRONT practically, to support the masses, the fact that it will be open (possibly) to families, singles, and couples...the CN beachfront traffic will increase five-fold, at least.....this sounds so entitled and snooty even as I type....but I hat to see the magic of CN dissipate, as it's such a slice of heaven...(I'm sure the vibe at the AN section will change, too!)

User Info Menu

I've heard that Jamaican resorts own their property to the high water mark on the beach. Does that mean guests at the Royalton will be able to spill over on to the beach at Couples for swimming, sunbathing, and playing as long as they stay on the sea side of the high water mark?

User Info Menu

The security will make them keep moving if they try to settle down there, but technically the resort does not control the beach area (that once might have been referred to as "The Queen's Chain").

User Info Menu

Try Couples Swept Away