Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: No Truth to the Rumour (say it ain't so Rob)

User Info Menu

No Truth to the Rumour (say it ain't so Rob)

Now that the cherished Negril.com webcasts seem to be sadly retired, Rob has subtlety suggested a new project in the works. Well this board has never be shy to speculation so I expect many theories on his future endeavours will surface. I for one do not wish to start rumours, so I will just say that there is no truth to the rumour:
    Rob has been offered employment as the night asst Manager of the new MacDonalds being built on the roundabout.
    There is also no truth to the rumour:
    That Rob and Lisa are moving to Winnipeg Manitoba where Lisa has inherited a convenience Store from her Uncle Louis Riel.
    Anyone else want to quash some rumours??

User Info Menu

Re: No Truth to the Rumour (say it ain't so Rob)

Rob, has finally developed a working proto-type for the transporter. He has received venture capital funding to put his/our dream to the test.

Smith has volunteered to be the first test subject, but was disappointed to learn that his watta boots aren't allowed!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

You guys are way off. He's in the process of writing a tell all about what happened and where to find Jimmy Hoffa. Now he has to lay low for a while.
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

User Info Menu

Dash...it's a Taco Bell not a McDonalds!

We've heard quite a few "rumours" already...including from a lovely friend of ours who was tearfully upset that we hadn't told her we were leaving Jamaica...but smart enough to get hold of us quickly and find out it wasn't even close to true...she hadn't read negril.com yet.

Rob is involved in too many businesses (including this site of negril.com) to be going anywhere...the webcasts were just a fun, small part of what he did for a very long time...sometimes you just need a well deserved change.

User Info Menu

Is it the same Taco Bell that Elvis is working at? Or does the King still work at KFC? It's hard to keep track!

User Info Menu

".the webcasts were just a fun, small part of what he did for a very long time..."
    So much fun! On line and on site. Thanks very much Rob!!!!

User Info Menu

I thought it was a Red Lobster he was opening ... which will serve Blue Mountain Coffee and Lobster (year round) with product imported from Japan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Dash...it's a Taco Bell not a McDonalds!

We've heard quite a few "rumours" already...including from a lovely friend of ours who was tearfully upset that we hadn't told her we were leaving Jamaica...but smart enough to get hold of us quickly and find out it wasn't even close to true...she hadn't read negril.com yet.

Rob is involved in too many businesses (including this site of negril.com) to be going anywhere...the webcasts were just a fun, small part of what he did for a very long time...sometimes you just need a well deserved change.
    That's awesome! I could get into a Jerk Chicken Burrito!

User Info Menu

I have thought about this, and I think it got it! (I watch a lot of crime and detective shows on TV, so, like, I'm a pro at this!).

During The Last Webcast, I asked Rob for a hint about the new project, and he said (and I quote!) "It will be new". So, taking that, plus all these rumours flying about, I have it all figured out. Put them all together, see the recurring theme and ... Voila! You have it!

Ready?

It will be a McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC FUSION place, catering to Vegetarians and Ital!!!!! Seeing as it will be on the round about, there will be several drive thru lines - Red Plate, White Plate, Just off the AI for an hour (may take longer!) ... that sort of thing. The High Tech part (it IS our Rob, after all) will be live streaming from the kitchen. You can watch your food being prepared and text in special requests!

Told you I'd nailed it! Am I a genius, or what!!!