Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie to Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Re: Newbie to Port Antonio

Thank you Vi and everyone, very helpful. I do like the idea of doing a split..flying into Kingston going to Port Antonio and then if I love it, staying there instead of going on to Negril! I love the idea of a no hassle or should I say no hustle vacation and eating locally at small cookshops. Maybe a Saturday night party at Great Huts..thanks again!

User Info Menu

Re: Newbie to Port Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Mfreizin View Post
    .... if I love it, staying there instead of going on to Negril!
    Like how you plan, Mel. I've cancelled negril at least three times because I couldn't rip myself from the serenity of Portland. There are so many places to visit that are unique in comparison to each other that you might want to experience many as possible and that would mean staying longer (smile). The sphere of activity is contained in down town Port Antonio…where folks move about taking care of daily business. But the entire lush perimeter outside that sometimes chaotic nucleolus is hustle & bustle free. You are not new to Jamaica therefore you will recognize immediately just how different the vibe is in Portland.