Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What should we do off the resort?

User Info Menu

Re: What should we do off the resort?

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Eh, for a first timer I'd disagree. Ricks is worth a trip at least once, just don't spend any money there.
    To the OP, I'd consider a taxi down to the Blue Hole in Brighton, or Mayfields falls which is maybe a 30 minute ride out of town, and you will see the countryside and get a little bit of a "feel" for rural Jamaica.
    Mayfield is much further than a 30 minute ride. Just the same, I loved it. Beautiful place. Guys who worked there had some nice high grade if you're into that, offered me what they were puffing on. I wasn't able to buy then, but they did let me rip their finger hash joint. Good times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eihi97 View Post
    Also, I'm a big fan of the ganja and when I was there with my family a few years ago and was underage I got some tourist grade weed from a guy on the beach, what would a better option be?
    Here's my story. I bought on the bus ride from the airport to couples. Don't do this. The ganja there is usually ****. The second batch I bought on the beach, just past the couples AN area. Good dude, bud was still not as strong as what I'm used to, but WAY more respectable than the other crap. Some random dude see's me smoking on the balcony, throws the approval sign. 2 days later he comes bearing gifts, 2 nice fat joints. I don't know where he got it, but that bud was fire. I never saw him again to ask unfortunately. I did inquire a bit on reddit, and basically was told the bell hops can usually get good ****, at least at couples they did. So that's my strategy this year, ask the bellhop and use terms they know like 'high grade' and strains popular in Ja(Lambs Bread, Jamaica Pearl). I also ask for light green, sativa, or purple. No brown/brownish crap.

That and I'm going to hire a driver known around the board here to take me up into orange hill and give me some tours. Never know what we might find up there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    TAH, why did you quote my post for your comment? This is a tourist forum, a local taxi driver is of course, a red plate driver; without it one is not a taxi. Many of them now have a little TAXI sign on the top of the vehicle and checkerboard-type striping along the sides, easy to see.
    Just because you said if there was a local that you feel comfortable with, to have them take you as a guide. To me that implied they would be your driver?

User Info Menu

Hi EiHi97, Definitely get off resort. I've stayed at RIU before with the family and took them on a day trip Margaritaville and Ricks Cafe- Yes touristy, but still a good experience. Margaritaville has free pick up, you can camp out there and walk the beach . Seven mile beach is FAR better than the beach at RIU ( Bloody Bay).. Ricks its touristy but still nice. IT can be pricey if you buy drinks and plan to eat a meal. Go, relax, enjoy.... There are lots of places to see, but it just gives you a reason to keep comin back
    "Live for today as tomorrow is not promised" Live....Love....Laugh....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TAH View Post
    Just because you said if there was a local that you feel comfortable with, to have them take you as a guide. To me that implied they would be your driver?
    You missed this part: "...pay them for their time, their fares and meals on your adventure..." meaning pay their route taxi fares while they are accompanying you, on the trip to Lucea and beyond via route taxis, as Smith outlined. In the next sentence I wrote OR hire a local taxi driver...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    You missed this part: "...pay them for their time, their fares and meals on your adventure..." meaning pay their route taxi fares while they are accompanying you, on the trip to Lucea and beyond via route taxis, as Smith outlined. In the next sentence I wrote OR hire a local taxi driver...
    Fair enough. I was mostly trying to clarify for any new visitors who may not know the ropes.

User Info Menu

I'll be there June 1-7 for my honeymoon. We are staying at an AI, but we are hoping to do Mayfield Falls, Blue Hole, One Love Pub Crawl, and going to Margaritaville and walking the beach. Are we trying to do to much? Do you think we could squeeze in Calico Jack's? Any advice or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks to all!

User Info Menu

Are you trying to do too much ... I'd say no ..but others may not agree ..
    My biggest decision of the day ..is ..do I turn left or right..
    no rules ..just take it as it comes & goes
    If you enjoy Ja.-you'll be back

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post

If you enjoy Ja.-
    you'll be back
    ditto
    ditto
    DITTooooooooooo...!!!..

and getting ''..back..'' is soooooooooooooo easy-peasy ::::: 'cause planes fly down-there everyday, all times of the day.
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slightly Stoopid View Post
    If you enjoy Ja.-you'll be back
    Soooo true. I'd say that is my biggest decision of the day. Which way to turn.