Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dream weekend 2016

User Info Menu

Re: Dream weekend 2016

The areas where the shows are happening are busy and the beach road can become quite congested late at night around the night venue, but other than that, it is pretty slow on the beach. I like the slow season (going for the entire summer this year) and of course it is much slower after this week.... but, as there are two shows a day (one during the day, and one at night), I have found that that is where most people are....with exceptions of course....we have our wristbands already for Dream and Sumfest.
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

mi been der for the last three and will be der again this Summer....since mi always der in Summer
    you will never see more people in Negril than during Dream Weekend which is actually a week long thingy......
    on the Cliffs you can see the up tick in people......but on da beach is where you see a ton of people.....
    people save up for this Dream Weekend and yes it is an older adult Spring Break.....
    unfortunately the beach road can get like a parking lot.....especially near the events/parties when dem going on
    personally mi like it as it great for people watching....to mi it doesn't last very long and there are no big intrusions.....
    just make sure if you der then....stock up on items you need.....as many stores run out of stuff......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Hello,
    I don't see a section for intro's so just thought I'd post in this thread since I will be heading to Negril for the first time during Dream Weekend 2016. Looking forward to it and I wanted to take the chance to say thanks to all the posters, this forum is a god send and I have been pouring through it. Big ups and thanks!
    Scott

User Info Menu

I think Dream in Negril is being held at the new water park.

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the replies! As much as I LOVE Negril and have been returning twice a year for the past 10 years, I've decided to cancel our hotel and stay at the Palladium with Mom because I know it will probably get pretty crazy at that time and I just wont feel at ease with Mom...if I were with my husband it would be no prob.
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)