Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buidling Collapse at Royalton

User Info Menu

Re: Buidling Collapse at Royalton

The link that stated that was on my news feed, Sorry if the information was wrong. I am hoping is was wrong.. Who wants any fatalities.

User Info Menu

Rob I sent you a link on FB to the source where that report came from

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Mi do not do "facegossip"
    Mi do irony.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Misti1 View Post
    Rob I sent you a link on FB to the source where that report came from
    I dont think getting news from an Entertainment Promotional FB page is the best and most accurate source. They dont even mention they are a "news service". Here is their own description of their company:

"Mediavybzz Entertainment seeks to provide its viewers and patrons with the greatest quality in videography, photography and all other form of media production, But, in doing so we go the extra mile we provide the ultimate experience. We are blessed with a range of extensively talented people and our work reflects just that. Mediavybzz doesn't just provide the service, We are the life of the party because, We Live For Your Entertainment!

We are based in Lucea, Hanover but operate across the Island

We provide a host of services including:
    >Ads Solution
    >Promotion
    >Website Design
    >Motion Graphics
    >Graphics(Flyer, Programs, Invitations, ETC.)
    >Photography (Parties, Weddings, Functions, Graduations, etc)
    >Photo Touch Up's
    >Venue bookings
    >Permit request
    >Programing"

Personally, I think I will stick with the nationally recognized news agencies and not entertainment promotional companies for my news. I have already received a couple calls from friends who have family members working at the Royalton to find out who died after seeing the original posting. I have told them what I know, that no one as of yet has died. But this does illustrate the darker side of FB and why we have to monitor the "Negril Rumor Mill" so closely.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

My friend cannot reach her friend who was working there.

User Info Menu

They are reporting that the rescue squad is hearing cell phones ringing under neath the rubble. Very sad time for Negril

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by likkle red View Post
    They are reporting that the rescue squad is hearing cell phones ringing under neath the rubble. Very sad time for Negril
    This is what the Observer update above stated. Link to the article is above. We pray for everyone.

User Info Menu

It is for sure a bad/sad day in Negril. Prayers for everyone....

User Info Menu

Praying for everybody on the building site that they are all OK. I wonder sometimes seeing construction sites in JA. There are some really beautiful buildings on the island and in the past 30 years some of the resorts are beyond belief. I have often wondered though about building codes, etc... and if they are followed. Again I hope everybody is OK.