Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time staying non all-inclusive

User Info Menu

First time staying non all-inclusive

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I have posted here! We are finally making a trip back to Jamaica after having our son in 2014. This will be our 10th trip to Jamaica but our first time staying at a non all-inclusive (for half of the trip). I think we have narrowed it down to Travellers. Any tips or tricks I should know? Places to find good food/drink deals?

We are planning to stay at Travllers April 19-23, then move to CSA April 23-29th.
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: First time staying non all-inclusive

Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

Thanks!!

User Info Menu

Kuyaba
    Tony's Hut
    Sun Beach
    Ltu Pub
    Boat Bar
    Coconut International
    Yellowbird
    Mi Yard

User Info Menu

Two weeks ago we just stayed at our first non AI and had a great time. I searched these boards and did my homework and found lots of good ideas. Have fun!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

good list but you left out Sunnyside and Canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Kuyaba
    Tony's Hut
    Sun Beach
    Ltu Pub
    Boat Bar
    Coconut International
    Yellowbird
    Mi Yard

User Info Menu

Haven't stayed there but hang out for Karaoke etc nice vibe and friendly staff. Karaoke is on Sundays and I believe a few other nights during the week. Tour their standard rooms and like the look of those. Small beach front.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the help! I have seen a few photos of the small beach front, which is a little disappointing, but I will gladly take a postage stamp size beach over no beach at all, lol!

I reserved our room this morning and sent a question along with the reservation, I was totally impressed/shocked that the hotel responded within 10 minutes! I am going to take that as a good sign about staff!

We are excited to give non A/I a try, while we have always ventured off the resort while staying A/I this will be a different and fun experience!
    [=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Let me add on to the list...

Connie's CountryWestern bar, great fried chicken and bacon mac n cheese.

Chicken Lavish, tastiest chicken I had on my reach.

Keney's Chinese, great spot if you love Chinese food.

Drifter's Bar and Entertainment for some great live music and good deals on buckets of Red Stripe!

Italian café for some good pizza.

Ahhhbee's for great burgers.

Rockhouse for a Purple Rain, so good!

And if you'd like to sample some local dishes, the Nyammings platter at Pushcart (only open for dinner) has curried chicken, curried goat, bushman stew and oxtail along with rice.

Enjoy your trip!

~Moose
    Mi Irie

~Just my two cents worth - I mostly only comment on places I've seen and or eaten at personally.

User Info Menu

I'm psyched to try Corner Bar for dinner on the slow season! Should be "authentic"!