Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

User Info Menu

First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

I’ve decided to write a trip report because I’ve been using this board for the past three years to prepare, learn and immerse myself in Negril. I feel that it’s only fair to share at least one of my trips with everyone here. And who knows, maybe I’ll really enjoy this trip report writing thing and it’ll make me want to write more Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences on here! This is a great tool for learning, planning and dreaming! Enjoy!

I have to start with some details about my husband and myself. This trip was our 4th to Jamaica together. Our first trip was in 1998 to Ocho Rios with my husband, his parents and his 19 & 17 year old brother and sister. I was only 22 and my husband (boyfriend at the time) was 25. You do the math to figure out our current ages We did a lot on our first trip, saw a lot of the country and learned that we LOVED Jamaica. Our plan was to come back and go to Negril someday because it sounded like our kind of place. Fast forward 16 years to 2014 when we finally took our first trip to Negril. This was after years of travelling around and taking many Caribbean cruises. We enjoyed many other Caribbean islands and Latin American countries that we travelled to, but Jamaica was always calling us back…

In 2014 we stayed for 4 nights at Kuyaba, then spent 3 nights in one of the Samsara treehouses on the cliffs. It was an amazing trip! The following year we stayed at White Sands for 6 nights and then in the Dolphin Bay Villa at Banana Shout on the cliffs for 3 nights. Once again, we had an awesome trip and were drooling to come back to Jamaica again! As you can see, each year we added a couple days onto our trip – 7 nights, 9 nights and this year we stayed in Jamaica for 12 nights! The last 5 of the 12 nights we spent there this year were in Treasure Beach, which is a whole other amazing story!

February 24-28, 2016
    I won’t get into the flight details, but we are fairly frequent travelers and I can say that I will think twice before flying AA again. Southwest is the best Anyway… After being delayed for over 6 hours, our wonderful driver, Michael Heath, of Michael’s On-Time Taxi, was standing outside waiting for us! He waited at the airport for our entire delay! It was such a relief because it was getting dark out and it was nice to see a familiar face waiting!

We stopped for jerk chicken, Red Stripes, overproof, juice and snacks and we arrived in Negril around 10:30pm. Much later than expected, but it could have been so much worse!

We stayed for the first 4 nights in the Penthouse at Chippewa Village. It is a beautiful property – very quiet with beautiful views, plants and trees. It’s definitely rustic, but clean and comfortable.

Sunrise over the Great Morass from the Penthouse
    Name:  DSC03232.jpg
Views: 1766
Size:  84.2 KB

Chippewa Village Entrance
    Name:  DSC03360.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  99.6 KB

Canopy of Bamboo
    Name:  DSC03464.jpg
Views: 1794
Size:  97.5 KB

More Beauty
    Name:  DSC03342.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  99.5 KB

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

Amazing pictures!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

We love Michael Heath! One of the best.

Can't wait to read more!

User Info Menu

Mon LOOK at these pictures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Here's a few more pictures of Chippewa Village -
    Name:  DSC03268.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  91.4 KB

Princess the Sweet Guard Dog
    Name:  DSC03340.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  DSC03447.jpg
Views: 1671
Size:  86.9 KB

Name:  DSC03448.jpg
Views: 1675
Size:  86.4 KB

User Info Menu

Fatastic opening photo of the sunrise.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Great photos!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the photo compliments everyone! I will continue on when I can...

User Info Menu

Beautiful pictures!!!1

User Info Menu

Yeah, that first picture is great.