Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Report from our Third Trip to Negril - 12 Days In Paradise

The next morning, we woke to sunshine and a calm, beautiful sea. Today will be my chance to finally snorkel on the West End! My husband isn’t much of a swimmer, but I love to snorkel. Last year we went snorkeling out on the reef near Booby Cay with Captain Junior and we had a great time. But I have been wanting to snorkel off the cliffs for the past two years, and never had a good opportunity to do so. Now the sea is calm and BCC has a lifeguard to keep an eye on me as I really don’t want my husband to try saving me with his doggy paddling skills But first, we must have breakfast at PeeWee’s.
    Name:  DSC03796.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  94.5 KB
    Name:  DSC03801.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  96.7 KB
    Name:  20160302_103959.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  97.6 KB

The snorkeling at BCC was good. I saw lots of beautiful fish, eels, coral and enjoyed the other world living in the sea. After snorkeling, we enjoyed the beauty and peacefulness from the multiple levels of our penthouse. It was wonderful and this table is my favorite place to be –
    Name:  DSC03752.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  91.3 KB

We decided to take a taxi to Red Dragon to get some jerk pork for lunch. We picked it up and took it back to our room and I’m so very happy we did! It was delicious and I would definitely eat it again, but I have to share my scotch bonnet pepper experience with you. There were a few slices of scotch bonnets mixed in with the pork. So I decided to take a small bite of one of the peppers. This was a very small bite – crumb size - and at first it didn’t taste like much, so I took another small bite. By this time the first bite started heating up my mouth and I knew the second bite was a huge mistake! I’m not one of those people who enjoy really spicy peppers, so this was not an enjoyable experience. I started coughing, my head turned red and my nose and eyes were running like crazy and I couldn’t talk. I think my husband thought I was going to die because he looked scared at my reaction this pepper. Needless to say, I learned a lesson to NEVER take a bite of a scotch bonnet pepper. And thankfully, since we were in our hotel room, no one else had to witness it! Later on in our trip we told our Jamaican friend Michael about my scotch bonnet experience and right away he laughed and said, “I bet her face was pink!” – sounds like he’s witnessed this before. Now we both laugh at what happened and my “pink face”

After coming down from “pink face”, we enjoyed another beautiful afternoon and evening from our penthouse perch in the sky before heading to 3 Dives. Tonight is our last night in Negril – until next year - hopefully!
    Name:  20160301_181213.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  97.4 KB
    Name:  DSC03848.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  84.6 KB
    Name:  DSC03851.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  91.2 KB

We awoke to another beautiful morning! I had to snorkel again after breakfast in our room that husband picked up at Pee Wee’s
    Name:  DSC03874.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  93.1 KB
    Name:  20160302_092959.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  99.8 KB

I think this is Couple's Swept Away in the distance -
    Name:  DSC03891.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  85.3 KB

This afternoon we head to Treasure Beach, which will be a whole new adventure for us! I'll share the link to the TB portion of this trip report here once it's posted. Thanks for following along

User Info Menu

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Looking forward to trip report from Treasure Beach

User Info Menu

Great report and pictures,thanks for sharing and i look forward to the TB report!

User Info Menu

You had some great pictures from the Blue Cave Castle!

User Info Menu

thank you for sharing --- i enjoyed every morsel

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone for following along! And thanks for eveyone's posts on this forum over the years! As we know, this website is very helpful for anyone going to Negril or Jamaica

If you want to check out our Treasure Beach portion of the trip, here it is -
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...223#post178223